gta: vice city

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the resolution settings on this game. Any above 800x600 produce a black bar on the right side of the monitor. It's as if the picture isn't centered properly. On top of that, I tried enabling widescreen under the screen option to see if that would make any difference, and it doesn't work under any resolution. Anybody had this experience? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

vivid

Try turning to screen resolution down as far as it will go.Thats what my son had to do cause he was also having problems.Works fine now :)

There was a fix released for certain video cards, upgrading your VC game to v1.1. It was an official patch, but if you hunt around at somewhere like http://www.codenamevice.co.uk you should be able to find it :)

just wondering have you got the latest drivers for your motherboard and video card? i had trouble with the game tried the patch and still didnt work and then oneday new drivers came out and all of a sudden i could play the game :)

I do have the most recent drivers for my mobo and video card. I also applied the patch to vice city to bring it to version 1.1, to no avail. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I suppose I'm doomed to run it in 800x600.

vivid

i run it at 1024x768, with no problems, just hit the buttons on your monitor, i know i mine, i had to set it up, as far as the boarders, for that resolution

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back