GTA: VC - Copy CD to HD

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello,

Last time I started this thread it turned into a full dicussion about whether its legal or not to copy cds. All I want to do is copy my Grand theft auto: vice city, play cd to a .iso file. That way I can mount it so its smoother performance and I don't need the cd to play (It's installed on my laptop)

So basically I just want to take my cd and make a exalt (1 : 1) copy of it into a .iso file. What programs can do this, and what do I have to do exalty? What kind of coding does VC have?

If you could actually get me the links this time also, instead of me going websites you post and me being complety lost.

Thank you,

lieb39

well i would say since you own a legal copy of the game theres no problem with using a no cd crack for it so id just update it to 1.1 then get the 1.1 no cd and then you odnt need a cd period for it and lots less space tot ake up on the drive with a cd image file, you can also take out the radio station files as well with fake files so theres no radio and saves another 500 megs or so. was thinking of the space saving ideas since laptop hard drives arent typically all that big as desktop drives are now.

Even though i am no saint ..No-Cd fixes are classes as warez....if you look at the Licensing agreement that ships with all software it normally strictly prohibits altering the code in any way and that includes the .EXE file, so the best thing you can do is download Alcohol 120% it will create an image of what you require and also mount it to a virtual cd-rom (built into Alcohol)...try Alcohol120% HERE

Hmm, just to be a pain... I think you can actually copy the music files over to the HDD which will prevent the game reading from the cd during the game, which would be the same as mounting it ? (on the same hdd anyway) - it would still of course perform the cd check at the start.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
I think you can actually copy the music files over to the HDD which will prevent the game reading from the cd during the game - it would still of course perform the cd check at the start.

tried it and doesnt work and it does in fact do the cd check still

I tried doing that with mine and it kept reading from the cd all the time. If you do a full install u have all the music files on yr hd anyway.

Just get a no-cd, u shouldnt worry about it if u have the original

I just got a backup crack, and than copied the cd to a .iso file
Now the game runs faster and smoother too :)

Thanks.

lieb39

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back