GTA Lawsuit

Originally posted by LeeJend
I wonder if the illegal immigrant workers at Walmart carded the kids when they bought the game? It is age restricted. The good thing is they didn't' download it on Kazaa and play it on an Intel based PC or this could get really ugly...

LOL :D

yeah, even worse. their parents probably wouldn't know what program they would have used to download it, so they'd get a list of every p2p sharing program out there. Hell, at that rate they could sue BOATLOADS of people/companies even for just an FTP website. yikes, that would seriously suck. and they'd probably go from an average income to richer than good ol' devilish Gates *smacks self for that, just in case he's watching* in a matter of minutes.

christ kids shot someone, take them to court, lock them up. they are the ones that have the problem as they are unable to discern reality from gaming.

Originally posted by Geffy
christ kids shot someone, take them to court, lock them up. they are the ones that have the problem as they are unable to discern reality from gaming.

absolutely! this is the epicenter from which all of this video game violence BS stems from... with leiberman and his holy crusade against all forms of video gaming, and all of the misinformed people hell-bent on ruining the little things we have

the restrictions should be on the psychologically dysfunctional people who cannot discern reality from their demented little dream worlds

Sh!t man.. I'm gona sue all of you in this thread for ruining my game! hehe :p

Yup saw a report on CNN with one of the lawyers representing the people that are called parents. He said its only going to get bigger lol. This case is done before it even got started. He should run now while the runnings good.

Why in the hell is everyone sue-happy??? SUE-SUE-I Sue You:mad:

The call of easy money or something for free has always been irresitable to people.

In the old days they dressed up in fancy suits, drove around in fancy painted wagons or drove plush cars into town for the scam. They were called con-men or snake oil salesmen.

Now days they wear fancy suits, drive plush cars and are called lawyers...

Well .... I sit every night after coming home from work in despair, make myself dinner, watch TV, wet myself and wait for the lady in the low cut red dress from next door to come round and brighten my evening ....

I'm gonna sue Will Wright .... The Sims did this to me! :p

I really don't think it's about the money. Ok, it's about the money and the fact that the parents can't accept the responcibility of thier childrens actions. They are trying to shift the blame on the manufacturers that have a label on thier products specifying what demagraphic is to use the product. Come on people.

Originally posted by XPos
I really don't think it's about the money. Ok, it's about the money and the fact that the parents can't accept the responcibility of thier childrens actions. They are trying to shift the blame on the manufacturers that have a label on thier products specifying what demagraphic is to use the product. Come on people.

Well, I think u hit the nail right on the head there .... it has become a blameless society, no-one is prepared to take responability for the way they or their children act. It's a huge pass the blame game these days.

When I was a nipper .... i wouldn't even dream of chucking bricks off of overpasses or shooting people with BB guns ... because I know what would happen if my parents found out .... I wouldn't be able to sit down for a calendar month!

If I did wrong it would be my fault and I would take the fallout.

These days .... parents seem to let their children loose and blame the computer games and videos and Tv programs they use to babysit their children instead of doing the decent thing and being a good parent

I remember those days. I would hear dad walk through the front door and my next thought was if I'd done anything to get the belt. It was usually tormenting my brother. But it taught me respect.

That does open more issues, parents are scared they will get sued for punishing thier kids. That leads to the kids thinking they can get away with just about anything. And people wonder why the younger generations have no respect for thier elders. It's because we can't beat it into them. lol What can you do?

I remember those days. I would hear dad walk through the front door and my next thought was if I'd done anything to get the belt. It was usually tormenting my brother. But it taught me respect.

That does open more issues, parents are scared they will get sued for punishing thier kids. That leads to the kids thinking they can get away with just about anything. And people wonder why the younger generations have no respect for thier elders. It's because we can't beat it into them. lol What can you do?

My friends dad had a very large paddle with some very carefully drilled holes in it (just in the right places).

That thing had a name and just seeing it would bring chills down my little kid spine. :) :)

Well, I think I had it very good with my family. I very rarely got a whoopin as a child .... but when I did I understood completly why I got my whoopin.

It's a tightrope ... there are a few parents who seem to get the belt out for practically everything, seemingly the only way they could control their children is keeping them in a constant state of fear ... which is wrong.

I was not scared of my dad ... but I knew that if I started throwing bricks or doing stupid stuff like that .... I would be! Just the thought what could happen was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.

But then again alot of parents now feel they have no way of disciplining their kids outside of corporal punishment,and since kids now have legal powers to sue their parents for even the lightest of smackings, they feel it is not their fault they have no control. Which means that in their eyes it's not their fault if their kids go crazy.

These things make me mad. People out for money on something just as stupid as the McDonald's incident. Blah. The really infuriating part is that many of these cases win! WTF are the courts/juries thinking?!?

I too think it's the kids' fault. Plus, they were 14 and 16 years old!!! Wayyy beyond the age of reason here. They are just a couple of punks who think they can do these acts and excuse it by saying the devil (or Sony, or GTA, or whatever) made them do it. It's not like a 5 year old did this where the game may have made that type of impression. These teenagers are old enough to know better, and if something as simple as a game can coerce them into doing something like this, then they shouldn't have a PC, console, or even a cell-phone game if they can't be responsible.

Parents do play a part and are responsible for their kids actions to some extent, but at that age kids do what they want. Maybe it's their upbringing? But, no matter how well the parents taught them, an old saying comes to mind: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

I say, put them (the kids) away.

:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back