GTA 3 Monitor Problems

DragonHeart

OSNN Addict
Hi,

Hope someone out thier can help, ive installed GTA3 but when i go to load it all i get is a frequency error on the screen and the main menu doesnt load, or it loads but i cant see it, and as i cant access the menu i cant change the settings ? any ideas all my other games run fine like quake, battelfeild, ut etc. Im runnin a res of 1024x768 on a 21ich Cornerstone 21/75fp monitor with a 75Herts refresh rate.

Any help would be appreciated as it ran before fine but for some reason doesnt now.

Im using a Leadtec Geforce 4 Mx400 as my GF Card

Are you running XP with sp1? if not there is a hotfix that you need to download from MS to fix gta3's menu's. I can't remember the name of the file though. I think it mights tell you somewhere in the games documentation.......

download the drivers for your monitor

it sounds like your monitor does not support this resolution

change your refresh rate to 60hz to see if that helps

try deleting yourgta3.set file in you gta3 users files directory in my documents

good luck

egghead

Thx Egghead

thx egghead yeah it was that file u told me to delete, many thx for that its now working fine.

just need a ps2 for vice city lol

great!

im glad it workes for you

once you complete the game you should try the car mods and the snow mod

its playing gta3 in winter

lol

cheers
egghead

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back