grrrrrrrrrrr hotmail problem :-(

tired to do a windows update......

this is what i got

Your current Security settings prohibit Running ActiveX controls on this page, as a result, the page may not dispay correctly

any ideas?

I think I know what the prob is.

In internet explorer, go Tools>>internet options>>security>>custom settings....in there you will find the necessary buttons to check to allow activex to run...I would set them to "prompt" for security reasons if you are worried about certain activex attacks through your browser.

GraLk. :D

man i did what u said and still no luck........grrrrrrrrrrr

maybe u could tell me how each 1 shouold be? if u have the time :-D

thx alot

Are you running a firewall, such as Norton Internet Security or ZoneAlarm?

Follow these steps and tell us the current settings:

Tools
Internet Options
Security (tab)
Internet (icon)

What is that setting? High? Medium? ....? Custom?

Click "Default Level" and try again.

Okay, see those other icons, under the security tab? Click each one and click 'default level' for each and every one. Doing this will not lighten your security but will reset it to normal levels.

paste the error you are receiving, please.

Your current Security settings prohibit Running ActiveX controls on this page, as a result, the page may not dispay correctly

im looking everywhere and no one has support for ie6.......interesting

and when i put my hotmail username and password and press ok to check my email

this is what i get:

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Doesn't it offer a button to click to continue?

Here's what mine looks like, because my firewall blocks referals so Hotmail/MSN doesn't know what browser I am running.

Browser Limitations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Current Web Browsing Software Will Limit Your Ability to Use Hotmail
As you know, Hotmail is web-based e-mail. If you are seeing this page, we have detected that you are using a web browser that Hotmail does not support. Hotmail supports the following web browsers:

Microsoft Internet Explorer - version 4.0 or higher.
We recommend that you upgrade your web browsing software, and invite you to download Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5.0.
Netscape Navigator - version 4.08 or higher.
If you continue to use your current browser software, we cannot guarantee that Hotmail will work properly

[button here]

Have you tried reconnecting to your ISP/DSL provider or rebooting to reload your cable connection?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back