GRRRR DirectX9 - Removal

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
I installed DirectX9 on my laptop (Windows 2000 Professional) thinking it would do no harm. BIG MISTAKE! Forget about games like NFS: Porsche Unleashed. I get some directX error message saying I have directX 0 installed and I need to upgrade. (Don't ask)

Anyways, whats the best way to get rid of DirectX9 while keeping my current files and stuff. I do not want to do a clean install cause it takes about 4 hours to get the sound working (its a sh!tty laptop)

Thanks.

Do a system restore that existed before your upgrade (if you have a restore point). This shouldn't make too many drastic changes to your system. I'll look around a bit to find out another option if this doesn't work out for ya.

its a windows 2000 machine it don't have system restore :)

Originally posted by Krux
its a windows 2000 machine it don't have system restore :)

Good call, my bad. You know ya get so used to WinXP issues and all... ah nevermind... excuses are like buttholes, everyone's got one and they all stink. Sorry.

excuses are like buttholes, everyone's got one and they all stink.

Ummm right.... anyways....

What to do about my problem? If i just reinstall will it revert back to the old DirectX (8.1 i believe)

Or can I even just apply the latest service pack again?

-Dan

Did you not download the tool I posted above? That's all you need to uninstall it. It's a direct link and everything... can't be any easier than that!

I used it, it worked. I am back to directx 8.1 (thank god, DO NOT UPDATE UNLESS YOU HAVE TO)

Thanks,

Now I wanna see if NFS: Porsche Unleashed will work

Edit
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed did work. It didn't work because of DirectX 9.0

-Dan

how come everyone is so quick to install an app/update that isn't even being used for anything yet.

wait 'till games start using directx9 before installing it.

because it fixes bugs. it may cause other ones in the process but hey thats windows.

Originally posted by koko
how come everyone is so quick to install an app/update that isn't even being used for anything yet.

wait 'till games start using directx9 before installing it.

A lot of the time it's just the fun of having all the newest stuff. Not exactly the smartest idea to upgrade immediately, but it can kind of be an addiction. ;)

So i could run 3DMark2003 and have the EyeCandy my 9700 Pro has =)

DX9 is evil .... if ya dont have a DX9 compliant card its mostly useless isnt it?

I have it installed with an NVidia card that's about 2 years old... no problems yet!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back