Group Policy

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I'm trying to locate the group policy so I can change my desktop background and screensaver, where I work they lock everything down but I know it can be changed in the group policy... I just don't know where or exactly how to change. Oh, running XP

Google is your friend

To resolve this issue, specify an Active Desktop wallpaper setting in Group Policy. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, and then type gpedit.msc.
2. Under Local Computer Policy, expand User Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Desktop, and then click Active Desktop.
3. Double-click Active Desktop Wallpaper.
4. On the Setting tab, click Enabled, type the path to the desktop wallpaper that you want to use, and then click OK.

Now to figure out the screen saver

If your domain group policy sets these items, every time you log back in again or if the policy refreshes, it will revert back to that since domain gpo over-rides local gpo settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back