Green-eye reduction?!

hotmale

OSNN Addict
I love taking pics of my new kitty, but I'm facing a problem similar to red-eyes which is green-eyes! They completely ruine the kitty's shots. Here's an example attached. Does anyone know of a (preferably free) program that has green-eye reduction?

Attachments

• DSCF0016 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0016 (Small).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 186
PseudoKiller said:
Photoshop is free now?? :rolleyes:
Well then you can tell him a 'free' program then since I don't know any. :rolleyes:

Well I hope this version is ok... I think I got a hold on the green eye thing but I worry about the red eye now... not sure though... let me know. :D :cool:

Thanks guys (except for messing up my cute kitty's pic, PK). Good job ~bk! Not perfect, but much better. Did you do it using a certain easy-to-use tool or is it complicated coz I have more pics and even the uploaded one is a lossy version of the real pic? I know Photoshop is too expensive but it's still OK (although I would've preferred a free or cheaper solution). I have FotoCanvas, can it do the job?

Thanks hotmale. I don't know about FotoCanvas, never used it. How many pictures do you have with the green-eyes? I will try to fix them.

Thanks for your offer, but don't get me wrong. Your Photoshop work is nice. However, I can't keep on sending you the pics forever. That's why I want to do it myself.

BTW, you didn't mention whether you did it through a tool or how?

P.S. When I said the uploaded pic is a lossy version, I meant the one I uploaded and not the one you fixed.

Yes I know that the lossy version was the one you uploaded. About how I did it? I just selected the eyes in Photoshop and then went to Hue/Saturation to change the colors.

I thought the lossy version thing caused some confusion, so you uploaded it again. Thanks, I'll try doing it with Photoshop and see if it works. Then I might buy it or do it on a friend's PC.

hotmale said:
I thought the lossy version thing caused some confusion, so you uploaded it again. Thanks, I'll try doing it with Photoshop and see if it works. Then I might buy it or do it on a friend's PC.
I made some changes to the eye, that's why I uploaded it.

thekore said:
yeah i was going to metion theGimp... odd how no one has until now ...
ahh well if anyone had checked the links I posted the 3rd one mentions Gimp for windows...

ah so it does, sorry PK. Just usually when someone say and heres more... its just a link to google :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back