Greatest Songs Debate

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
i hear a lot about led lepplin - stairway to heaven being the best song ever. but i listen to it and like its a good song, great riffs but its not really the best. on the other hand queen - bohemian rhapsody is a great song. so much to listen to in that song, so much meaning. so whats your take on the debate.

I would have to agree...but a band that has songs that dont have a real meaning to them cept for the back in black album would have to be AC/DC......

Pearl Jam tunes have always hit me ... hearing Ed sing his heart out on "Black" for my show was just amazing ... so much feeling/emotion ...

Some great ones:

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Freebird - Lynard Skynard
All Along The Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix covering Bob Dylan
Let It Be - The Beatles
Hotel California - Eagles

dreamliner77 said:
Some great ones:

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Freebird - Lynard Skynard
All Along The Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix covering Bob Dylan
Let It Be - The Beatles
Hotel California - Eagles
Dave Matthews also does a great watch tower cover (though greatly overplayed).

john lennon - imagine
tho a little overplayed is amazing also.

mike09 said:
john lennon - imagine
tho a little overplayed is amazing also.
I heard an amazing cover by Dave Matthews and John Popper of that song :)

I don't think that "Stairway" is Zeppelin's greatest song, but I also don't think that Queen has greater songs than Zeppelin. I read a magazine poll from the UK that had "Bohemian Rhapsody" voted the greatest rock song of all time. It's a great song, but I would never have it near #1! Anyhow... here are some worth mention:

Pride - U2 (tough to pick just one from them)
Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen
Jeremy - Pearl Jam

What About Angry American By Toby Keith? or Tequila Sunrise By the Eagles?

no one can really say what the best song ever is.... there looooaaaaaddddssssss :eek:

my beatle song would be I am the walrus

though for the life of me I don't know wtf it's about

perris said:

same - I have a thing for experimental studiowork (whole album was like that) and their, cough, "chemically induced lyrics" are just dada enough to make a smile crawl across my face each time I hear them

perris said:

the walrus represents death ... is that the album that when played backwards says "john is dead"? supposable john was killed before the beatles made it big and the john that you know is a fake. tons of conspiracy theorys and I love how the beatles played w/ them w/ album covers like abby road :)

NerdUprising said:
same - I have a thing for experimental studiowork (whole album was like that) and their, cough, "chemically induced lyrics" are just dada enough to make a smile crawl across my face each time I hear them

Try:

Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Rob Dougan - Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Variation) Truly an epic in modern times......

Xie said:
the walrus represents death ... is that the album that when played backwards says "john is dead"? supposable john was killed before the beatles made it big and the john that you know is a fake. tons of conspiracy theorys and I love how the beatles played w/ them w/ album covers like abby road :)
it was oaul that was supposedly the dead one...I bury paul is at the end of strawberry fields, and the cover of abbey road, paul the one representing a dead guy

perris said:
it was oaul that was supposedly the dead one...I bury paul is at the end of strawberry fields, and the cover of abbey road, paul the one representing a dead guy
oh yeah :p ... guess I should stop posting 1/2 awake (or 1/2 asleep).

hybrid said:
any song to escape from the mouth/mind of mr frank black.
True :D especially Hey and No. 13 Baby.
But I gotta add Seince I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin and Happines Is A Warm Gun by the Beatles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back