Greatest Songs Debate

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
i hear a lot about led lepplin - stairway to heaven being the best song ever. but i listen to it and like its a good song, great riffs but its not really the best. on the other hand queen - bohemian rhapsody is a great song. so much to listen to in that song, so much meaning. so whats your take on the debate.

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
I would have to agree...but a band that has songs that dont have a real meaning to them cept for the back in black album would have to be AC/DC......

Xie

- geek -
Pearl Jam tunes have always hit me ... hearing Ed sing his heart out on "Black" for my show was just amazing ... so much feeling/emotion ...

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Some great ones:

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Freebird - Lynard Skynard
All Along The Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix covering Bob Dylan
Let It Be - The Beatles
Hotel California - Eagles

Xie

- geek -
dreamliner77 said:
Some great ones:

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Freebird - Lynard Skynard
All Along The Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix covering Bob Dylan
Let It Be - The Beatles
Hotel California - Eagles
Dave Matthews also does a great watch tower cover (though greatly overplayed).

Xie

- geek -
mike09 said:
john lennon - imagine
tho a little overplayed is amazing also.
I heard an amazing cover by Dave Matthews and John Popper of that song :)

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I don't think that "Stairway" is Zeppelin's greatest song, but I also don't think that Queen has greater songs than Zeppelin. I read a magazine poll from the UK that had "Bohemian Rhapsody" voted the greatest rock song of all time. It's a great song, but I would never have it near #1! Anyhow... here are some worth mention:

Pride - U2 (tough to pick just one from them)
Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen
Jeremy - Pearl Jam

perris said:
my beatle song would be I am the walrus

though for the life of me I don't know wtf it's about

same - I have a thing for experimental studiowork (whole album was like that) and their, cough, "chemically induced lyrics" are just dada enough to make a smile crawl across my face each time I hear them

Xie

- geek -
perris said:
my beatle song would be I am the walrus

though for the life of me I don't know wtf it's about
the walrus represents death ... is that the album that when played backwards says "john is dead"? supposable john was killed before the beatles made it big and the john that you know is a fake. tons of conspiracy theorys and I love how the beatles played w/ them w/ album covers like abby road :)

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
NerdUprising said:
same - I have a thing for experimental studiowork (whole album was like that) and their, cough, "chemically induced lyrics" are just dada enough to make a smile crawl across my face each time I hear them
Try:

Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Xie said:
the walrus represents death ... is that the album that when played backwards says "john is dead"? supposable john was killed before the beatles made it big and the john that you know is a fake. tons of conspiracy theorys and I love how the beatles played w/ them w/ album covers like abby road :)
it was oaul that was supposedly the dead one...I bury paul is at the end of strawberry fields, and the cover of abbey road, paul the one representing a dead guy

Xie

- geek -
perris said:
it was oaul that was supposedly the dead one...I bury paul is at the end of strawberry fields, and the cover of abbey road, paul the one representing a dead guy
oh yeah :p ... guess I should stop posting 1/2 awake (or 1/2 asleep).

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political User
hybrid said:
any song to escape from the mouth/mind of mr frank black.
True :D especially Hey and No. 13 Baby.
But I gotta add Seince I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin and Happines Is A Warm Gun by the Beatles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks