Great way to start a new week...

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
OK. So I bought a new car today (not NEW, but new to me...) and I was out cruising when I got a call from our CEO. "Don... The power at the office went out and now the server won't boot." OK... great! So, I head to the office and YEP! It won't boot. Go figure. During startup shortly after the Windows Server 2003 Small Business Edition logo screen pops up, BSOD! So, I start by seeing if it's possible that since the drives are mirrored, maybe I can rebuild one of them with the other... I do a concistency check... no luck. :( So, I reboot to the system console and run CHKDSK... After about 2 hours of waiting, I'm in! The only problem... IIS isn't working :( Service errors out the ass! So here I am... 2:36 in the morning... running a backup on the system (it's a new system and we hadn't set up backup options on it yet... stupid me!) so I can uninstall IIS and reinstall.

So.. Wish me luck! I'll keep you all updated.

Yikes...not good. :ermm:
Good luck with everything. Hope you get it fixed soon so you can get some sleep. :)

was there not a up on the server? seems everything at my facility has a up on it.

Well good luck. Hope you have lots of luck.,

Well, there was a UPS on it, but it can only live for so long. I need to config it to notify me by email to my phone when the UPS detects the power is out so that I can do something about it. I'm trying to get our landlord to run a dedicated line for the server so that it never breaks. It seems that one a week or so that the breakers go because something in the office just draws too much. It really sucks, but there is only so much I can do about that...

Look on the bright side - at least your car was not stolen while you were working on the server! :p

No, but it was violated by a cat! I opened the door about an hour back and peaked out. And I noticed a shadow moving in my car. It freaked me out. All of a sudden this cat pops out of the sunroof, clawing at my roof to get out. It finally gets out and takes off. It didn't really do anything in the car, but it pissed me off.

was it a black cat? hehe - I understand your feelings, but then again, if there was a mouse in your car it maybe did you a favour? And we have a saying here that if a black cat crosses your path it is lucky - so maybe it was lucky? ;)

Well, it wasn't black, and it certainly wasn't lucky... so far. I am uninstalling IIS as we speak. It is taking forever. I am hoping that reinstalling will fix the issue. I am getting really tired and just want to go home... but have to be back here at 9 anyways, so it's not like that's going to happen :(

OK... so I finally got IIS uninstalled, and SharePoint Services... I have reinstalled IIS and I am in the process of downloading the installation file for SharePoint Services. My only hope is that I am going to be able to import our company data into SPS with little or no trouble. :-/

I fixed it!!!! OMG! What a nightmare! I don't even want to talk about it...

well u dont wanna talk about it, so i reped u for ure sad storry which had a happy ending

That sucks man. It comes with the job though.

Damn, surprise ending. I thought something bad was going to happen to the car. Tranny dies on way into work kinda thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back