Great Profssional Programs

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Well, I'm going to start this for non free programs that I feel everyone should at least try.

Moderators, I invite you to edit in to this original post, your choices also, (please give yourself a credit when you do so.)

also, lets try to make these programs only programs that give a trial, so the user can experiment before purchase.

I'll edit and clean this up as we go, not all of the following I have tried, or carry my personal endorsement, though some do...in any event, according to most users, following products are programs that have value in excess of the cost.

norton anti virus

perfect disc, the best defrag program I have seen

diskeeper...another fine defrag utility

partition magic, the only partition tool you'll ever need

virtual studio rack...music tools

power quest...drive imaging

vm workstation...Anyway, basically, this neat app allows you to run multiple operating system in virtual environments, without partitions

2D and 3D painting and sculpting

Digital Audio Editor

Digital Video Editing

Disk Image Utility

corel btyce 5Create breathtakingly realistic 3D landscapes and animations with Bryce® 5.

cool edit pro v2...Cool Edit Pro version 2 is packed with the latest and greatest features that the digital audio industry has to offer

.. IP: Logged | Link To Post #17...kind of associated with VMware, connectix have a very similar app called Virtual PC, info here
IP: Logged | Link To Post #17

Product
Nero Burning Rom - Demo/Trial Download

Info
Nero Burning ROM is the best friend your recorder could ever have. Fast, ultra-stable, powerful, and user-friendly, Nero is the complete answer to your recording needs. Since 1995, Nero's development has been guided by users like you. Now, with Nero 5.5, the world's premiere recording application has gotten even better!

-----------

Product
CuteFTP Pro - Demo/Trial Download

Info
CuteFTP Pro® integrates state-of-the-art security standards including SSL via FTP and HTTP, SSH2 and advanced S/KEY password encryption to ensure that confidential business data stays that way. You can maximize bandwidth throughput, download from multiple sites while uploading or browsing, automatically update Web content and customize data management processes all in one cost-effective application.

-----------

Product
PowerDVD XP 4.0 - Demo/Trial Download

Info
PowerDVD XP 4.0 is the latest evolution of the world acclaimed DVD software program that offers maximum video and audio playback entertainment on the PC. It comes complete with numerous customizable video/audio controls that can deliver the highest quality viewing and listening experience. As well, PowerDVD XP offers feature-rich navigation controls, for a more interactive and tailored DVD experience. PowerDVD XP is guaranteed to deliver the highest quality and personalized DVD playback experience possible on the PC today!

-----------

Product
Fruity Loops - Demo/Trial Download

Info
Fruityloops is the number one loop and songcreation tool on the net. You'll create wav, mp3 or midi loops only minutes after launching it.
We could try to describe here what the 100's of features do, but the best way is to download the demo in our download area and see for yourself.
The demo has all features but saving. You can even test the rendering to wav & mp3 and produce gigabytes of loops and songs for free.

win zip wizard

url=http://rarlabs.com/]winrar[/url]...archive manager

true luanch bar...True Launch Bar is a Superior replacement for the standard Quick Launch bar

gold wave...Bend the audio universe to your will with this digital editor suitable for CD editing, archive restoration, speech analysis, radio/TV, Java, Web pages, games, or just fun

macromedia flash mx...web design

sketchup...amazingly powerful software for creating, viewing, modifying and communicating 3D design concepts quickly and easily."

Mine would have to be

propellerheads Reason virtual studio rack

its not cheap but defiantly worth it :D

you can get a demo from here

http://www.propellerheads.se/downloads/demos/main.html

Making music should be as easy as powering up a computer, loading up a powerful piece of music software, and getting down to business. And it is. Reason 2.0 is a virtual studio rack with all the tools and instruments you need to turn your ideas into music. And it's more than just a set of excellent synths and effects. It's a complete music system. Step into the age of Reason.

Synthesizers, samplers, drum machine, ReCycle-based loop player, mixer, effects, pattern sequencer and more. As many of each as your computer can handle.

Use Reason the way you want to:
As a self-contained synth studio system. Everything you need is there, including a fast and flexible sequencer with powerful, dedicated event editors for each type of device.

As a sub-system synchronized to your audio sequencer. Process Reason's audio output with plug-in effects and mix it with your hard disk tracks. With Reason in ReWire mode, its instruments are automatically patched into the mixer in any other ReWire compatible application. Seamless integration.

As a virtual synth rack with your MIDI sequencer. Reason’s devices can be handled in exactly the same way as hardware.

:cool:

Macromedia Fireworks MX-very nice,easy to use graphics program. much easier to use than photoshop

PowerQuest DriveImage 2002

Awesome disk imaging software. Works with FAT32 and NTFS. You can create an entire image of your hard drive, save it to another drive or burn it to CD-Rs/CD-RWs.
Next time something screws up, just use the boot disk or the Windows interface, pop in the CD, and within 20 minutes, you should have everything back the way it was when you created the image.

It has been a real time saver for me on more than one occasion :)

www.powerquest.com

thread title corrected, profssional >> professional

Turn images into text etc. ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Professional:
"At long last there is a professional OCR program that satisfies even the most demanding user, providing unsurpassed accuracy of recognition, excellent layout retention, unmatched productivity. FineReader has been elected the winner in over 70 tests worldwide."
"The new software delivers significant improvements in word accuracy and format retention, new ease-of-use features, added saving options, plus PDF conversion. As a result, FineReader 6.0 Professional is the most advanced OCR software, empowering users to easily convert paper-based documents and scanned images into editable text with superior accuracy."

You get 15 tries at it or 15 hours usage. Use the first time to figure it out then use the other 14 wisely. :D

Fine Reader Use the download button at the top.

VMware Workstation

I know it's expensive, but I got it from my bro, who got it at a student discount. :)

Anyway, basically, this neat app allows you to run multiple operating system in virtual environments.
For example, I want to try a certain Linux distro, but I don't know how good it is. I don't want to mess with creating new partitions and modifying the MBR. So, I just allocate a certain amount of hard disk space (which acts as a virtual partition) and some RAM for the guest OS (Linux in this case), pop in the CD, and boot up the virtual machine within Windows itself.
So, you can be running Windows and linux simultaneously on the same computer.
Another great thing is that if you make the virtual partition "Undoable" and if you screw up something while working in the guest OS, you can just turn the virtual machine off. It will ask you if you want to commit the changes or discard them. Discard them, and the next time you boot up the VM, its back in good shape. Good for trying stuff out that can possible screw up things.

One little problem: since the OS is running within a VM, it runs slower than it actually would if you had installed it on a separate hard disk or real partition.

Anyway, if anybody's interested, the URL is www.vmware.com
They have some great tutorials there that show you how to install specific OSs in VMware.

Corel Bryce 5

Create breathtakingly realistic 3D landscapes and animations with Bryce® 5. Striking an optimum balance between power and ease of use, this innovative software is an ideal way to integrate 3D technology into your creative process. Smooth Network Rendering as well as new Light and Tree Labs let you open whole new worlds of creativity

It costs a lot, but really fun to use...

BTW, Netryder, thanks so much for this " VMware Workstation "
I just obtained this app a few minutes ago, and it's exactly what I need to try out new OS's. This is going to be a life saver :)

Are these programs demos or what? Do they have limitations? If so what? Do they require the product key on the first install?

Partition Magic has no demo.

well, every post here is supposed to have a trial period, so the user can check it out...I'm hoping all these do, I'll edit all these programs into the original post later this week, so keep em coming...please provide a link when you post a program, so I don't have to hunt it down...thanx

I don't think this thread is getting the attention it deserves. There should be a lot of people with Demo's to let us know about. Maybe a name change for the thread? Snappy name or something? Like "Links for Great Professional Program Demo's"?
Just a thought. I think this thread should get a lot of feedback.
Butcherboys

Links
Cool Edit Pro v2
Demo available via ftp download here or via cd, which may be ordered via the site.
Full version retails at $249.

Info
More powerful than ever, Cool Edit Pro version 2 is packed with the latest and greatest features that the digital audio industry has to offer, yet retains the ease of use that has won the favor of a growing community of users worldwide.

With enough professional effects and tools to fill a room full of effects racks, Cool Edit Pro has all you’ll ever need for recording, editing, and mixing up to 128 high-quality stereo tracks with just about any sound card. Welcome to the world of Cool Edit Pro.

Originally posted by Nick M
BTW, Netryder, thanks so much for this " VMware Workstation "
I just obtained this app a few minutes ago, and it's exactly what I need to try out new OS's. This is going to be a life saver :)

You're welcome m8. I know ... this thing can be really useful when you want to try something that you know you're going to screw up :p

kind of associated with VMware, connectix have a very similar app called Virtual PC, info here

Some random "selling points" grabbed from the site.....
The Ultimate Compatibility Solution

Virtual PC for Windows allows you to create separate “virtual machines” on top of your Windows desktop, where you can install virtually any PC-based operating system including OS/2, Linux, Solaris, NetWare or other versions of Windows. Each virtual machine emulates a complete hardware system – from processor to network card – in a self-contained, isolated software environment, enabling the simultaneous operation of otherwise incompatible systems.

Completely Resourceful. Completely Efficient.

Virtual PC is ideal for technical professionals who need to support multiple computing platforms such as IT departments, software developers, call centers and educators. Run applications in XP, 2000, NT, 98, 95, 3.1 – even DOS, OS/2, NetWare, or Linux, simultaneously on the same PC, with no need to reboot. With Virtual PC, Corporate IT professionals can safely migrate and deploy new operating systems – while continuing to run and support older or custom legacy applications

Whether used for hardware consolidation, reduced system administration or faster application deployment, Virtual PC provides increased productivity and reduced cost of ownership throughout the enterprise.

(Edit)
Oops, forgot to mention, the trial/demo version is available on the site, or via This link you will need to register for a trial serial once you've downloaded it tho.
(/Edit)

Originally posted by dealer
please provide a link when you post a program, so I don't have to hunt it down...thanx

lol... just a thought dealer... shouldn't you provide links too? ;)

Gonaads ... this should go in the Great Free Programs thread.

This thread is for commercial (paid) software only. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back