Great Profssional Programs

who hasn't tried PHP Triad, maybe should now.

it is simply amasing....

NTFSDOS Pro
http://www.winternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/ntfsdospro.asp

If you need to access NTFS drives from MS-DOS, NTFSDOS Professional 4.0 is the solution. NTFSDOS Professional allows you to create a boot diskette with which to boot NT systems. The diskette contains an MS-DOS environment where you can easily mount NTFS drives with drive
letters and run DOS programs to read, write, repair or otherwise modify the drives just as you would on FAT drives. NTFSDOS Professional is a powerful tool to repair corrupt files or configuration problems that prevent Windows XP/2000/NT4 systems from booting.

Key features:
Provides full read/write access to NTFS volumes
Supports long file names under MS-DOS
Supports running of CHKDSK from within DOS
Works with DOS antivirus tools to safely scan and clean systems while they are offline
Provides an easy-to-use Boot Diskette Wizard with online Help
Designed for Windows XP, 2000, and NT 4.

Demo version supports the examination of volumes, but not modifications of files on the system. Please note: It will appear that modifications succeed, but they are not written to disk.

Here is one:
Sonic Foundy's Sound Forge.

Sound Forge® 6.0
PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL AUDIO EDITOR
Sound Forge is an award-winning digital audio editor that includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects for recording and manipulating audio. This industry-standard application is perfect for audio editing, audio recording, effects processing, and rich media encoding. Version 6.0 continues to improve on its decade-long legacy by adding features that make it faster and more powerful than ever. Edit files nondestructively down to the sample level with extreme speed and accuracy. Choose from over 35 real-time audio effects and processes with more than 200 presets. Sound Forge 6.0 puts the power of an audio production studio on your PC!

Sond Forge

dkmain_graphicB_091302.jpg

Download Free Trialware
http://www.execsoft.com/profile/submit-select.asp?a=l&PId=64

Keeping your system up and running is the first priority. If your system goes down, work doesn’t get done and money and time are wasted.

Fragmentation causes rapid declines in stability. System crashes, slow file access and even blue screens are often due to fragmentation. Think of how much time, money and aggravation you’d save if you solved your system problems before they occurred.

Diskeeper automatic disk defragmenter is the proactive solution to fragmentation on your network. The self-healing technology of Smart Scheduling™ monitors your disk and schedules defragmentation runs based on what your system needs—with no intervention needed from you.

Uptime is your business. Diskeeper will be the best coworker you ever had.

The Diskeeper difference:
Diskeeper is completely networkable and allows you to control fragmentation remotely across any size network.
Runs with “Set It and Forget It” ease, invisibly in the background.
Smart Scheduling customizes defrag runs to keep your disk at peak performance, even during heavy traffic periods.
PushInstaller™ eliminates the high cost of deployment. Diskeeper Server version allows remote installation of Diskeeper workstations through the network, remotely, in just a few clicks (when license is purchased for each machine).
Tested in independent labs to increase system performance up to 200% or more.
The most advanced defragmentation technology available.
National Software Testing Lab (NSTL) proven 300-500% faster and more thorough than the built-in defragmenter.
Exclusive Frag Guard® helps prevent fragmentation in your most critical Windows NT®/2000/XP system files.
Lightning-fast Microsoft-recommended boot-time defragmentation of critical system files.
Optimized for Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98 and Windows NT

dk7features.jpg

Fast, automatic, uses low resources. Built-in defragmenters are manual-only and require full administrator privileges to operate. They are slow, labor intensive and use too much system resources to keep up with the performance demands of today's computing needs.

New! PushInstall technology. Eliminate the high cost of deployment . Diskeeper Server version allows remote installation of Diskeeper workstations through the network, remotely, in just a few clicks (when license purchased for each machine).

New! Remote Scheduling of Boot Time Defragmentation. This new feature allows boot time defragmentation to be scheduled on remote machines. The schedule set on the remote machine is easily checked.

Boot Time Defragmentation Technology. To Safely defragment system files in about the time it takes for a typical system boot

Smart Scheduling™. Takes our advanced “Set It and Forget It”® technology to another level. Dynamically configures your defragmentation schedule based on the condition of your disk. Eliminates the need for you to know how often to defragment each of your disk volumes for maximum performance. Diskeeper will take note of fragmentation levels and adjust run time frequency anywhere from every hour to one week.

Faster defrag engine. Diskeeper 7.0 is the fastest Windows defragmenter ever built and up to 6 times faster than previous versions. Diskeeper is so fast, it takes minimal system resources to maintain peak performance. Diskeeper runs in the background, unnoticed by end users.

Improved “Low disk space defragmentation.” Most defragmenters will balk at defragmenting disks that have large, heavily fragmented files and /or little free space. Others will grind away forever getting nothing done. The low disk space defragmentation function in Diskeeper will reduce the number of fragments, often dramatically-and do it faster than ever before possible.

Runs on Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP—even across mixed networks (where Diskeeper server and workstation versions are installed). Maximum performance gains are achieved when the entire network is kept defragmented.

Frag Guard® (Windows NT, 2000 & XP only). Online prevention of fragmentation in your most critical NT/2000 system files: the Master File Table (MFT) and Paging Files.

Designed for Microsoft® Windows XP Operating System

Fully Networkable, Remote Operation.
Diskeeper is a system administrator’s dream. You can deploy volume licenses and control and maintain defragmentation network-wide right from the administrator console.

Group Scheduling. Different boxes are on different work schedules and have different work loads. Now you can group any set of disks together under the same defragmentation schedule. Simply highlight the disks you want to schedule (or use the default schedule) and click start. You can schedule an entire domain or even multiple domains. Individual partitions on a disk can be scheduled separately, should this be needed.

Five priority settings from a “do it now” high priority after hours schedule to a fully background defrag on- the-fly priority for mission critical applications that cannot be taken off line or allowed to slow down.

Defragments multiple disks automatically and simultaneously while system is in use.

The Diskeeper Guarantee: 30-day money back. 90 day free technical support and maintenance.

Product Specifications.
Workstation Version: Diskeeper 7.0 Workstation version runs on any x86-type (or compatible) computer running Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95 (OSR 2 or higher). Uses 6 MB disk space or less.
Server Version: Diskeeper 7.0 Server version runs on any x86-type (or compatible) computer that is running Windows 2000 Server or Windows NT 4.0 Server (SP 3 or higher). Diskeeper Server Version 7.0 will also install and run on Windows NT Workstation or Windows 2000/XP Professional (if the Diskeeper Server Version license has been purchased for that machine) but Windows 95/98 workstations will only accept Diskeeper Workstation Version. Diskeeper Server version contains the network defragmentation controls to manage all installed Diskeeper Version 6.0 through Version 7.0 programs throughout the network. Uses 27 MB disk space or less.

Windows Versions and Platforms Supported. Diskeeper Workstation is supported on Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation (SP 3 or higher), Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95 (OSR 2 or higher). Note that Diskeeper Workstation cannot be installed on Windows 2000 Server or Windows NT 4.0 Server systems.
Diskeeper Server is supported on the Windows 2000 Server or Windows NT 4.0 Server (SP 3 or higher) operating systems. It can also be installed on Windows 2000/XP Professional systems and Windows NT 4.0 Workstations.

Posted by freightgod
Jeez. I think a simple link would've done the trick.
thats not really what this thread is about :rolleyes:

the reason I made a point of covering all the features
Executive Software Diskeeper is a much under rated program - it has many features that a lot of people dont realise that they are there.

for example I've been using this program for a couple of months
& didn't realise it could do a boot-time de-frag :eek:

an offline de-frag can: -

consolidate all the directories to the front of the disk
(perfect disk puts these in the center of the free space) :(

defragment the pagefile & reposition it at the end of the drive

defragment the MFT (master file table)

restore and reposition system reserved space

coupled with an online de-frag makes for a more responsive system

:cool:

I'v just compiled this thread, and edited the first post...I might have missed a couple, so we'll get thos in when we notice.

Moderators, please update the original post of this thread, as new submissions merit.

thanx everyone

Actual Title Buttons

Actual Title Buttons

Add Minimize To Tray, Stay On Top and Make Transparent buttons on any window's title bar!

Platform: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
File size: 1.4 Mb

Actual Title Buttons lets you add the new Minimize To Tray, Stay On Top and Make Transparent buttons to any program's title bar next to the Windows standard Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons.

The Minimize To Tray feature lets you save taskbar space by hiding the window to a tray icon.

The Stay On Top feature brings the window to the top of the desktop and does not allow other windows to hide it.

The Make Transparent feature lets you apply transparency effect from 0% (fully transparent) to 100% (solid) rate to any program such as Instant Messenger, Notepad, Outlook Express and others in Windows 2000/XP.

Actual Tools

I wanna bump this thread, see if there's anything new our users recomend that I can try out

Paragon Partition Manager 5.5

http://www.partition-manager.com/

Universal tool for partitions! Partition Manager affords everything you may need for managing partitions; it’s suitable for both everyday and rare needs, for either inexperienced user or advanced professional.

At any time you can easily and safely change partitioning of your hard disk, change parameters of partitions. All modern and usually used file systems and operating systems are supported.

With Partition Manager you can reclaim wasted disk space, organize your data, add new operating systems, speed up file system performance. You can even install and manage several operating systems on your computer, no matter which they are. Overcoming barriers between different families of operating systems – get read-only access to Linux partitions (Ext2/3FS) from Windows operating system.

With Partition Manager you just select what partition modification should be done. All will be done automatically without data loss.

PARTITION MANAGER
Resizing partitions with data (FAT16/32/32x, NTFS, Ext2/3 FS, Reiser FS)
Copying and moving partitions (any file system)
Converting file system
FAT16 <-> FAT32
FAT16/32 <-> NTFS
Changing cluster size for FAT16/32 and NTFS
Creating, deleting, hiding partitions
Supports large hard disks (over 80GB)
Supports Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP, DOS, Linux
Works on Windows NT/2000 Server
Supports NTFS versions beginning from Windows NT 4.0 up to Windows XP, for all operations
Supports USB hard disks
Built-in simple Disk Editing utility
Includes programs for both Windows and DOS
Creates more than one primary partition for a disk
Supports 64KB FAT cluster (used in Windows NT)
Supports long filenames (FAT16/32)
DOS program has graphical user interface with mouse support
Treating bad sectors - surface test can be optionally used for format, copy, move and resize operations
Resuming critical operations after power failure
Linux executable included (with limited functionality)
Partition Explorer utility (DOS and Windows executables) - access NTFS, Ext2FS partitons' content under DOS or any Windows
Windows 2003 Server support
Defragmentator
Dynamic Volumes support (Windows 2000/XP only) - now you can view the status of Dynamic Volumes in Partition Manager, and convert them back to basic partitions (* applies only for the case when every partition of HDD in question presents one volume only, for example if HDD converted to dynamic disks contained basic partitions.)
MFT defragmenter - now you can defragment NTFS core structure, Master File Table (MFT), thus improving file system performance
Ext3FS support - view, info, format, copy/move, backup, resize, convert <-> ext2fs
ReiserFS support - view, info, format, copy/move, resize
Automatic updating BootManager boot menu after partitioning operations
Special startup driver for performing operations not possible under GUI of Windows NT/2000/XP
Sector-by-sector copying. This mode let you to copy all sectors of source partition/hard disk including those which are marked as unused or bad. This mode is useful to copy partitions/hard disks with partition-bounded software
While copying, resize function is also available. In the case of partition copy, you can change the size of target partition. In the case of hard disk, the appropriate transformation of partition sizes is possible in accordance with target hard disk size
Supporting NTFS with compressed files and/or folders
Converting NTFS revision (XP <-> 2000 <-> NT)
New Ext2FS Anywhere with code pages support

BOOTMANAGER
Up to 16 operating systems on one PC
Operating Windows 9x/Me along with Windows 2000/XP
Various installations of the same operating system (in different languages or different versions)
Direct booting Linux (skipping LILO)
Installing Linux beyond 1024-cylinder boundary
Boots even unrecognized OS
Password protection against unauthorized booting computer
Boots DOS/Windows 9x/ME from the second hard disk
Different configurations can be created for the same physical installation of operating system
Dynamically adds newly installed operating systems
Importing external bootsector
Duplicating boot.ini file to create different configurations

EXT2FS ANYWHERE
Accessing (read-only) Ext2/3FS partitions under Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP
Dynamic changing drive letter for mounted partitions - Windows NT/2000/XP only
Mounting/dismounting FAT16/32 and NTFS partitions under Windows 2000/XP

Gonnads isn't the only person who can cut and paste :p

nice...is the trial a working model, or is it a dummy set up like partition magic...how do you compare this to partition magic?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back