Great Free Programs

My favorite (free)script editor.

From the developer:

Crimson Editor is a professional source editor for Windows.
This program is not only fast in loading time, but also small in size (so small that it can be copied in one floppy disk).

While it can serve as a good replacement for Notepad, it also offers many powerful features for programming languages such as HTML, C/C++, Perl and Java.

Syntax Highlighting for HTML, ASP, PHP, C/C++, Perl, Java, Matlab and LaTeX. Also, it can be extended for other programming languages based on custom syntax files.

Other features include undo/redo, user tools, macros, spell checker and more. http://www.crimsoneditor.com

Originally posted by dealer
I belong to another board, a very usefull post was "free programs"...here are the ones I use, and I'd like to try yours

1. X-Setup My favorite tweaking app, over 1000 tweaks.
2. Cablenut Tweaks ALL your internet settings.
3. Ultimate Zip Unzips EVERY kind of file.
4. ad sheild...the absolute best adblocker program ever concieved
5. I have to delete DAP, just found out it's spyware...star downloader free is a better program, it's posted later in this thread
6. RegCleaner Safely cleans your registry of useless entries.
7. Ad Aware Removes spyware and adware that tracks you on the internet.
8.pc mag webiste ...tons of free, ad free utilities
9.avg anti virus

i quite like some of the program but there is 1 program which totally piss me off .. and that is the adblocker. that sux you know !!! can't even uninstall it ... got use the regcleaner. that is damn powerful!

surprised you didn't like adshield...first person I know that didn't;

anyway for those enterprising individuals...forget those cool icons you've been downloading...for individuality...ha...make your own, with this free program

Motherboard Monitor - for use with Cureinfo 2K3
CureInfo 2K3 - puts the stats from Motherboard Monitor in your taskbar; space saving
DAEMON Tools - save an image of a cdrom to your harddrive, then load the image as if it were a real physical drive
DVDx - rips DVD video and audio, merges, and makes MPEG all in one step; great for saving those rentals you didn't have time to watch (or make "backup" copies hahaha)
NoAds - closes pop-up ad windows
VirtualDub - capture video from coaxial cable digital tuner card (or other sources too) and convert to a variety of formats

Search for any of these programs using any search engine

This is a great post for those of us just starting out.

Thanks a bunch.

Did someone mention pop-ups?

Another great popup stopper is at http://www.panicware.com/

It will flash tray icon and/or give you your chosen sound thru your speakers..NOT your comp beeper one, which can be annoying :)

HI gang,

probably already mentioned but here goes anyway!

Statbar is an easy way to monitor your system.

this isn't a program however, www.mail2web.com is handy to keep tabs on email if you're on the road and can't get to mail account directly

that's a good post brodie...gonna use that website.

I use Kirio personall firewall...hate that splash screen...get a program here, and the spalsh screen is gone

Someone has a link to cureinfo.jpg in their signature or something and when I read threads it takes forever to link to it or doesnt show up at all... It can be seen trying to load in my IE status bar... very annoying.

And untitled-4.jpg... are this avatars or something pointing to somewheres? Anyone else having this problem? Or is it maybe something to do with my firewall settings.

try this site.... this guy programs everything in assembly language... ... lotsa cool stuff.. most of his utils is less than 200k

Originally posted by brodie
HI gang,
this isn't a program however, www.mail2web.com is handy to keep tabs on email if you're on the road and can't get to mail account directly

I've been using this site for years, its excellent. You can even setup your own account so you have www.mail2web.com/<yourname>

and it'll remember you pop address so you don't have to keep typing it in

especially useful when your on holiday

Two programs which I use ALL the time while my PC is on:

CloseIEx
Windows Uptime

I use this to 'batch' rename hundreds of files:

Quick File Renamer 2.0

Sorry I do not have the websites for them but you will surely find them on www.google.com :)

Does anyone have a link to a free context menu editor for the old right click?

Here is a new one ...

Here is a new one that I previously mentioned in my "How to buy WinXP Pro for 39.99" post .... this one could seriously save you over a thousand dollars.

Maya 4 3D ... the industry leader along with Lightwave 7 in 3D rendering is offering a free download of their product for non-commercial use. This is unbelievable. I would definatly check this out!

Here is the link
http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Tm...ml&style=normal

Hope you enjoy!

-MG81

Maya 4 3D excellent program, only problem with this free "version", is the watermark put on anything you do.

Nice to try out though.

maybe it's me, but that links not working...as far as a water mark, doe cut and paste work to eleiminate that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back