Gravatars - good or bad?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
What with blog site up - of course I get to fiddling and hopefully not messing up the clean design I'd like - so I am quite conflicted about whether to elect to include Gravatars.

I did check for anything on forums but last thing is way back and unhelpful.

My instinct is that until a blog is popular enough to have "dialog" kinda thing in comments then they're really clutter since their best use would be to at a glance spot poster. Unless it is worth it to make any comment replies from me stand out?

opinions welcome...

and if you're curious about the blog and my attempts to keep it clean, it links from my sig

It varies, sometimes a gravatar is a nice personal touch to the site, as is pavatar of course.

I quite like the idea, keeping in mind that a default icon can be provided for those who don't supply a Gravatar recognised e-mail address.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back