graphics cards

B

batman

can anybody help me please,ive got a geforce 256 anhiliator pro,graphics card with 32megddr memory onboard i bought this a few years ago when it was top of the range.What i would like to know is how can i find out how it now compares with the new generation of graphics cards and if it is worthwhile upgrading it as it still performs well.I see the latest cards now have 128meg memory onboard,also they boast how good they perform.Ndiva have released a lot of budget cards,which i wouldnt have thought would be able to match my card,however with it being old hat what graphics card would it compare with,many thanks for any guidance.

As far as Nvidia cards go you can test your currenct and it will be compared to the newer cards. Go to the link I have provided and scroll down the page till you see a button that says "Analyze My PC" and run that test.

Test your graphics card

if you notice, alot of the comparisons are between 3dmarks. Get is here:
http://gamershq.madonion.com/download/?3dmark2001.shtml
Currently with the system below and a Radeon 7500, i have gotten 6100 (around there) 3dmarks. the marks are displayed after the program is run. post your results here, i am interested in finding out what an GeForce card scores.

-nVIDIA does release new value cards, but those cards fun on newer cores. The cores themselves are more advance then old technology and can run better for cheaper. Same as with memory

thanks guys for the replys,i like the sites you recommended,although i wasnt sure if the ndiva site was a bit biased towards a new card.zedrics site convinced me maybe its time to upgrade.

Well I never said if it was or wasn't going try and tell you to upgrade but I did say it would compare your current card with newer ones. Well as long as you figure out what you want to know that is the important thing

Posted by Jz1397-4
if i am interested in finding out what an GeForce card scores.

With my ti4600 i scored 11,118 3dmarks.

Hope this helps.

WbH

I'm just happy! I don't mean to brag - but mine IS bigger lol

i know what the 4600 scores, i wondered what an oridional geforce 256 scores. :D

I used to have a GeForce 256 Pro as well. I used to get 3D Mark scores in the region of about 5 to 8 thousand marks.

Posted by Geffy
I used to have a GeForce 256 Pro as well. I used to get 3D Mark scores in the region of about 5 to 8 thousand marks.

what was your card smoking when it got those marks :)

all sorts of weird and wonderful things....
mainly itself, thats prob the reason that it dont work too well anymore.

well i have to say if your currnent setup includes an (old) geforce 256.... is there any point in, say, buying a geforce4?? if the rest of your setup is in line with that card - ie the same age, you are going to be so limited in what you can run anyway, a brand new graphics card will simply underperform. could be a waste of money i feel - if i were you i would be patient and wait unil you are able to aford a complete nw system! that may involve a painful but worthwhile wait...

im running athlon 1600xp,266megDDrram,new motherboard,40gig hard drive,surely i can upgrade my graphics card with this

in reply to Jz1397 i benchmarked my system using the program you recommended and the geforce scored 3199,although somebody else beat that score at 3467,it looks ike im trailing behind,a new geforce 4Ti 4600 would be nice,though the radeon performs better,the geforce is a little cheaper,thanks for your help you guys

with an xp 1600, i think a gf4 ti4200 would go nicely with your system. great buy for the money.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back