Graphics Card

N

Narcissus

I am now using a Geforce 4mx and im considering a new card, which would be better to go for the Geforce Ti4800se or the Geforce FX 5200?

I would say the Ti4800se for raw performance....but its not direct x 9...but hey not many games are either and by that time a new generation of cards will be around for you to pose the same question;)

Originally posted by SnookBooger
ATI 9700 Pro (better graphics and drivers).:)
? :confused: ?

anyway, the 4800se will rip the 5200 to shreds. probably twice as fast.

I don't see the sense of the question , there a major difference between u've specified ( even price but the performance is really big ) .

But u need a recommandation . I own also an GF4MX from Leadek and I've decided to upgrade to an FX5200 same brand , upgrade caused by the price .. not so much difference ..

Depends on yours :
If u need Performance : Ti4800SE
Technology : FX 5200

IMHO, I reckon you should stick with your GF4 for now, and wait. New tek comes out all the time, so the cards you want will eventually become cheaper, or you'll want a completely different card later on. Like me... I still got my GF2... :eek:

Originally posted by Narcissus
I am now using a Geforce 4mx and im considering a new card, which would be better to go for the Geforce Ti4800se or the Geforce FX 5200?

consider the fx5600 ultra for the same price range...

though still a drop down in many aspects (ie raw performance in many games) you are at least getting almost equivalent performance to a ti4400 (4800SE) and a dx9 compatible card..

the fx5200/5200ultra are much slower products... raw performance == gf4mx family of cards... and dx9 performance is nothing to write home about...

if a direct shootout between 4400 and the 5200.. .stick with the 4400 since it is a faster card... and you will still be able to play dx9 games though not with some of the special features from dx9 shaders (such as water effects) but this should not be a big problem.. it is unlikely the 5200 will be able to handle the same games @ a decent resolution anyways...

thanx 4 ur replies, i think ill go with the ti

and i i didnt update and wait for a new card then i could do the same again and wait for an even newer card, which would mean i would never upgrade, id still have a tnt 64!! :)

Hey Narcissus, thats the idea I did it for 5 months, then said WTF cuase prices stayed high and the new offerings were pathetic.

I'm 15 months into doing the same for a new XP processor... At least they are coming down in price,lol.

Originally posted by Ragnarok
IMHO, I reckon you should stick with your GF4 for now, and wait. New tek comes out all the time, so the cards you want will eventually become cheaper, or you'll want a completely different card later on. Like me... I still got my GF2... :eek:

and following that train of thought, you always will...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back