Graphics Card Replacement Suggestions

J

jfactor01

I have decided that I want to upgrade my poor old graphics card, my computer specs can be seen in my signature.

What sort of card can you suggest that is a big improvement on my current card. My budget is around £140, I have been suggested an ATI 9600 Saphire, but I haven't read any Pc magazines for ages and have no idea what's good at a good price these days.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Originally posted by coathanger007
Good choice. FX5700 is also good value for money.

But, it might not be as reliable as the 9600 in the future. Considering the fact that the FX cards aren't the best DX 9 cards.

Now, like CoatHanger007 said, the FX5700 Ultra is a great card. I would, however, recommend the 9500-9600-9700 series of ATi Radeon cards. They range in price, but it's all pretty mid-range. That said, I would recommend, out of all of then, the ATi Radeon 9700pro. High end performance, mid range price. :)

I would go along w/ what Black-Syth said ... I would also check the other dozen threads like this ;)

On the bright side. Anything in your price range will be a big improvement over your old card so you can't go wrong.

I'd go for the 9600 PRO or if you shop around and get lucky you might just find a 9700 PRO close enough to your price range to be acceptable.

ATI Radeon 9700 for performance.
Otherwise try and hold back until new models come out (if there are any in 2004)

if you have still to buy a product yet... 9600pro/9600XT or a 5700ultra are all good... the latter 2 may still retail higher than your budget but the 9600pro is still a good buy (it oc's well)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back