Grandma VS Rockstar Games

Blue Jack

OSNN Addict
Link: http://biz.gamedaily.com/features.asp?article_id=10177&filter=

This is really getting out of hand. Clearly guns and felonies are OK, but a sex scene is bad? I haven't seen the clip, I don't even own the game, but people are really getting on my nerves over this. Why is it a game company's fault because partents don't know how to "parent"? After 85 years, you would think she would be a bit wiser.

What's gonna happen when Johnny finds out whats on Cinemax after 9pm?

ahhh yes the american psyche, we can kill or blow up anything and be happy but introduce a little sex and the worl is coming apart. Funny that.:)

reminds me of the south park episode where they hurt butters and only cared about cartman walking naked in front of people.

hehe that was a great one.

801_image_15.jpg

801_image_10.jpg

sex seems to make every politician's face turn red.
wasnt bill clinton's presidency endanger after the monica story broke?

nobody seems to have a problem with violence... the bush administration case/point.

lets tie up the already overloaded legal system with useless lawsuits.

Well lets hope Rockstar Games and TakeTwo win the suit otherwise there will be more to follow if they don't

its just where games are going and tv, just get used to it. Kids are gonna learn this stuff sooner or later.

blame the parents for not paying attention to what they buy there kids. For godsakes if your kid is playing this game its not like you picked it up at walmart on the sales shelf. The title alone should be enough to tell him no. this is the same old argument with a new twist.

The logic perplexes me. Nudity bad, car-jacking, GTA, sociopathic behavior are tolerable in a game format.

We Ph3ar Boobs:laugh:

It seems people have forgotten what this is all really about ... that Rockstar didn't disclose everything. Both sides of this whole thing have gotten sidetracked.

EDIT: Unfortunately, even with the ESRB ratings, parents and other adults are still not responsible enough to follow them and now we have an 85 year old grandmap buying her grandson a video game which she could be, but she is giving to her grandson that wouldn't be able to buy it even with it's old mature rating. Bah ... run-on sentences rule.

Too many politicians fear the populace will become love makers not war makers. No nudity or sex on TV.

Heaven forbid that little johnny should see a cartoon boobie on a game, but give him his own PC with broadband so he can just type in a few simple words to find all the pr0n he can.

Don't forget that it is the schools fault for teaching sex-ed and them learning to use a condom or the like. Now they will REALLY go and do it. Before thay were just fooling around.

I just had a Barqs rootbeer, and it was amazing.....oh.....wrong thread :D

I agree, they want haters not lovers. Its sad what its come down to, you can kill but whatever you do, dont get it on with your girlfriend(or boyfriend :s). This sounds like something George Carlin would talk about...

chastity said:
Well lets hope Rockstar Games and TakeTwo win the suit otherwise there will be more to follow if they don't
I believe this one is a clase action suit .. not just grandma, but yeah I hope this is laughed away.

It's funny how someone who is 17 can play these games w/ tons of violence but you throw in a "sex" and it's just SO bad that not only do we have to change the rating, but we also have to stop stocking it. Then that alone isn't enough, we have to sue! It's funny because 99.9% of the parents that hope on this lawsuit will most likely be the ones that are only now paying any attention to what it is that they just bought their kid.

Also I believe that the lady in the lawsuit (grandma) bought the game for her grandson for his PS2, which to my knowledge may contain the content but cannont be accessed like the PC version.

It was or is present in all versions of the game, however the console versions needed a third devices to access it like the old gameshark type device's

So vern they are to disclose every line of code? If they have to why doesn't any other software maker that I know of?

chastity said:
It was or is present in all versions of the game, however the console versions needed a third devices to access it like the old gameshark type device's

So vern they are to disclose every line of code? If they have to why doesn't any other software maker that I know of?

They don't disclose the code. They disclose the content hidden or NOT. When a video game is reviewed, the publisher/developer gives ESRB footage of the game that would affect the rating. You say it is present ... what does present mean? Is it in the media or not? Can it be unlocked? Then I guess it is present then. Thats like saying cheats, easter eggs, etc aren't "present".

present means the code exists in final product. Does it matter that the content which first was hidden and from what I've read never planned to be used

chastity said:
present means the code exists in final product. Does it matter that the content which first was hidden and from what I've read never planned to be used

Then the content indeed was "present" in the final product. No code was ever added to bring out Hot Coffee. If I was to liken this to anything, I'd liken it to a registry hack ... not documented ... but "present". As long as it was "present", then they should have disclosed it.

Have you gone out to try how hard it was to implement Hot Coffee? The answer is ... not hard at all. In the Xbox, which is hardest to modify amongst the three platforms because you actually need a mod chip, one only need to replace two resource files.

Whether intended or not, it was part of the shipped product.

I just don't understand why everyone is so bent out of shape over this. It isn't part of the game as it shipped, you can enable it thru a mod but thats much different from a "code" as some news sources have made it out to be. I think they should be more informitive and explain that you have to hex edit the exe in order to enable "Hot Coffee".

In the time it would take Johnny to enable this on his PS2/Xbox/PC he could just go to images.google.com and put in any number of search terms that would give him an almost endless screen full of worse pics. Is Grandma sueing Google because she thought it was a search engine to find recipes when you can actually "unlock" hidden pr0n via it?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back