Grand Theft Auto :: San Andreas

JL Renegade

OSNN Addict
I was looking here for some information and did not find it, so I thought I would start a topic since the PC version is released tommorrow, June 7th.

Minimum System Requirements
1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256MB of RAM
8x DVD-ROM Drive
3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Keyboard & Mouse

Recommended System Requirements
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)
384(+) MB of RAM
16x DVD-ROM drive
4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install
128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
Game pad with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)
Keyboard & Mouse

That is from GTA Forums who in turn got it from GTASanAndreas.net

I'm getting a new vidoe card in four days, so I will try to post screenshots of the game. I am also interested in what you all can come up with. Just a note... When taking screenshots, turn AntiAliasing and AntiStropic Filtering on your video card. It'll make the screens much better.

Cheers. If you have any questions, ask. Imight be able to find your answer or at least help you figure out where to look.

My system thoroughly exceeds minimum specs (GTA games really don't take that much to run), so I'm going to be really happy when I pick it up tomorrow. And I've hear that they (SHOCK!) have gotten better texture resolution for the PC versions and fixed the blurry textures problem from the previous PC GTAs.

I can't begin to tell you how annoying it was to get to a building and not be able to recognize it because the texture didn't update.

I never really got into the gta games. Going to give them one last chance. I think this one might be a little different because the soundtrack might actually get me into the game.

personally gta games are better on ps2. its gonna be so hard for ppl to do some missions especially the helicopter ones.

the_music_man said:
personally gta games are better on ps2. its gonna be so hard for ppl to do some missions especially the helicopter ones.

I can use helicopters a lot better on the PC, especially when you can mod them. You say that and back it up only with regards of controls, and that is just a position of your opinion. Heh. I cannot do sh*t with the PS2 controller, so I could very well say that the Computer Version will be better. I'll give you the analog joysticks though. Those are nice to have automatically, though you can get a PC game pad for like $10 that has all the same features or a gamepad far nicer than the PS2 ones from $40.

Unwonted said:
And I've hear that they (SHOCK!) have gotten better texture resolution for the PC versions and fixed the blurry textures problem from the previous PC GTAs.

The models all have had polygon increases and most textures have been double, if not quadroupled, in size. To fix your getting to a building with only a LOD texture applied, you just need to activate the frame limiter. On such a highend PC (as you say you have) the frame limiter should be activated. It will limit your frames to 32 frames per second... anything high will not be noticed anyhow.

the_music_man said:

Had no trouble setting up mouse/keyboard for the chopper in Vice City.

GTA games were always better on PC - better graphics, gameplay, and the MP3 station.

i usually get GTA games for PC just to mess around with...... saying that..... i hope someone beats the game rather fast and kicks out a 100% saved game. like messin wit crap more than doing missions.

ElementalDragon said:
i usually get GTA games for PC just to mess around with...... saying that..... i hope someone beats the game rather fast and kicks out a 100% saved game. like messin wit crap more than doing missions.

Word...

My favorite thing in GTA is cheating like crazy. Even hardcore anticheaters can't resist a cheatfest havoc binge when playing this game.

It comes out today on PC (yay!) and XBox. You can get it at places like Best Buy, Circuit City, Game shops, and possibly convenience stores like Target and Wal Mart.

Cheers. Screen Shots soon. I'm typing as I'm getting dressed FYI is something makes no sense what so ever.

While Game exists over here, the others don't. End of the week :p

Apparently the demand is so great that the Best Buy in our area didn't have it. Damn.

i just picked up this game today..
the packaging is pro.
for 39.99 how can you go wrong!

I always get high demand games at costco or sams, they have hundreds of them and they are always cheap :)

I just picked it up today, its pretty fun (I never really played it on PS2). The graphics arnt as good as I thought they would be. I had heard they were gonna use high quailty textures, imo there still really blurry.

Gameplay is fun, radio stations kick ass. Cant wait for MTA to start workin on a SA version.

Game crashed in the first bike mission. I'm going to bed right now. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow.

I just ordered this from Play.com for £25, I can't wait to get it now! It said it's a limited edition of some kind with a "novella". Is this the same version as in the US, and if so what is it?

Unwonted said:
Game crashed in the first bike mission. I'm going to bed right now. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow.

You might have some graphics issues to resolve if it crashes again. It would seem that if you spawn and the game runs, that you are fine. However, if midway throught the first mission, the game crashes, I would guess that it was a loading problem which would bring it to your graphics settings. We will see first if it runs fine :)

2 days later...

I have to say... It kicks ass. The characters are great, the graphics are better, but the layout and realism is the best. Wow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back