Grand Theft Auto available for free download (fully legal!)

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I just received an e-mail from Rockstar:

Rockstar e-mail
It's like Masterpiece Theater, Rockstar style. Curl up in your library, warm a nice snifter of brandy, and prepare your palette for a decadent trip back in time. That's right - we've gone ahead and decided to take the original PC version of Grand Theft Auto (1997) and give it away to the world, free of charge.

All you have to do is sign up for the newsletter and you're all set!

Download and info

ps. It seems I am not the first one to hear the news, as the Rockstar website is unreachable

cool man thanks. But I won't download it coz I have already got GTA3 and Vice City for PC.

Are they even alloying it anymore if they really were!?

I got a free copy of norton 2002 from this link.

still waiting for it, but I definately got a copy coming to me

lol @ dealer... "I've definitely got a copy comin'"

ya... me too... I've still got a copy comin' my way in the mail

Originally posted by dealer
I got a free copy of norton 2002 from this link.

still waiting for it, but I definately got a copy coming to me

Oh yeah ... I haven't forgotten about that either

Originally posted by bman™
Are they even alloying it anymore if they really were!?

It is real, cos I got it now! :D It took me ten hours (the server didn't allow me to resume downloads, so when it cut me off, I had to start all over again :mad: ) Real fun game, it was the first game I was addicted to back in 1997 and now I can play it again!

it took me 3hours and 12mins to download it :D

But in the end, i found it was pointless. Other than the fact i already have the game, i decided to download it because i wanted to see what was changed about it and nothing has changed in the game play. Anyways, i put the game on and 2mins into the game, i got bored of it.. lol. Yep, thats right bored of it because of all the new better graphicly designed gameplay and details, GTA is old news in my opinion now.. But GTA3 and Vice City still ROCK! :D

Thats why i think its free.. lol :p

Sincerly Alex :cool:

It's been made free because it's a classic, they don't think that it's going to impress anyone.
It's just a great game that people who haven't played it before shouldn't miss out on, which they can't now, because its free.

Comparing it to GTA3 and GTA:VC is just un-fair.

I love high speed internet.

5 minutes to download it at 1.37mb/s

Any free game is worth trying at least once.

Originally posted by The_tazinator
I love high speed internet.

5 minutes to download it at 1.37mb/s

Any free game is worth trying at least once.

/me shoots The_tazinator :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back