Gran Paradisio - FF3

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Is anyone currently using Gran Paradisio under Vista?

I am seriously contemplating slapping this on my home system when I get back home tonight but I wanted to see if anyone else is using this bugger :)

Respond and if you have pics, post them please.

Thanks much :)

So anyways, have had it up and running for a few days. Not all my extensions work but enough work that it's made me relatively happy :)

The performance is surprisingly good and the FF team has really tried to emulate the overall appearance and feel of IE7 (I guess those microsoft lads did get something right afterall).

The default tabbed browser feel is superior in IE STILL. A really glaring issue that I think the Mozilla team is working on (based on the documentation).

It is fast, like I said, but the performance is a little uneven. Currently it does use a little less memory than FF2, however it is also running fewer extensions.

Will keep working with it and post as things crop up.

...and the FF team has really tried to emulate the overall appearance and feel of IE7 (I guess those microsoft lads did get something right afterall).
If you really want to get as close to the IE 7 look as possible, install the Vista-aero theme. It's very well done, and even emulates one of your favorite IE features - the floating/dockable Favorites Center. ;)

Not sure if it's compatible with Gran Paradiso yet, but give it a try.

I am using it. Remember, from my desktop screenies :D You sort of adopted one of those that I have been using for a while now :)

It works with GP but not well. It introduces a blank bar that I cannot remove.

How's the latest beta 3 looking in Vista then, I just updated on the Mac and it looks a million times better. It really fits with the OS now.

Not tried FF3 yet, but have been using 2 alot recently so my cookies don't get messed up between this site and the test.

It works pretty decent.

There are still some minor quibbles with the extensions I choose to use, but it's nothing I can't work around.

My biggest pet peeves are the bookmarks organizer which I still think is pants compared to the simplicity of IE7 and the speed is not really much different. But most glaring of all, it looks like pants on Vista, it really does.

Last edited:
I don't. But I do try it out when new builds drop.

I use IE7 and FF2.

I am more concerned with the transparencies, or lack thereof.

:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back