GPS To GPS

N

Not Bman

Now that I have a phone with GPS I want to use it for everything. The only feature that would be awesome that I don't think my phone can do (or anything by default) is use another GPS system.

Here's the deal,

I have GPS on my phone, and GPS with my fathers car. I would like to be able when I am waiting to be picked up to connect from my phone to the GPS in his car, so I can see where he is at.

Is this possible, in any which way...at all?

Your phone can send the gps coordinates to the internet, so it depends on the gps of your father if he can pick these up or not. If he has a standard gps in his car it can only receive gps signals, not send them.
I have FRING on my phone and it has an option to send out my gps coordinates. (www.fring.com) It sends data to your fring widget on a webpage so you must have internet available.

so in basic, you want to have a tracking method, what brand GPS and what brand phone would help in finding a solution

HTC Touch Diamond for the phone, and I don't know the GPS system in the car, I believe it's a Generic GPS system, the car is a Toyota Camry Hybrid.

And yea so basically I want to track the car from my phone.

read the manual for the cars GPs system and see if there is a way to track it on a mobile device

Read through the manual for the GPS system quickly, nothing in there that relates to what I want to do. Nothing at all, does not send information or can't even receive information other then the map data. hmm

Hey Bman, now you'll never get lost again goin to da "john" :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back