Gotta get a new car.

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
A while back I posted a link to an 05 Mazda 6. It was waaaaay to expensive and I chickend out. Well I can't wait any longer, I sold my 10 year old Stratus tonight and I'm going shopping tomorrow. I'd love to stay below 20K and I've narrowed my choices down as follows.

Mazda6 (pipedream, but a guy can hope)
Pontiac G6
Cobalt SS

The Cobalt I can get new for under 20K. The Mazda I can get used for under 20k and the G6 I can get 0% so even if its is over 20K the payments won't be that much more. So.... Take your pic or suggest something else. Normally I'd do a poll like this but I'm kinda hoping someone can suggest something more than just these 3.

Thanks

2003 Acura 3.2 CL Type S.

Good car, if you can get it for low miles. In your price range, good performance, looks, warranty covers basically everything, good engine and decent mileage.

Good car, if you can get it for low miles. In your price range, good performance, looks, warranty covers basically everything, good engine and decent mileage.

I'd love an Acura ... But I live in South Dakota. I can't imagine finding anything like that. I'll see what they have I guess.

Sure...until you find out that the engine knocks with anything but premium gasoline...how much of a tradeoff are looking for on gas?

Lexus and Acura, if you read the owners manual state that you should only use premium gas....BMW and Mercedes ? I can't even guess.

I'd love an Acura ... But I live in South Dakota. I can't imagine finding anything like that. I'll see what they have I guess.

Off Topic but I lived in Vermillion SD for Eight Years.

Go for the Cobalt ss. Although the G6 would be fun to.

Sure...until you find out that the engine knocks with anything but premium gasoline...how much of a tradeoff are looking for on gas?

If you're gonna use crap gasoline then yes, it will knock.

But considering it's gonna give you 25mpg typically in most driving conditions (cept 100% city), its not bad. Plus, you DO get better mileage with higher octane gasoline.

Seriously, if you have a half-way decent 6 cylinder, you shouldn't be putting crap gasoline in there. It doesn't matter that much initially but you can almost tell the difference when driving with the pinging.

From what I have heard, if you continuously use low grade gas on a higher octane engine, it can bring down performance and eventually cause damage.

Just because you sell your cars every two years doesn't make it right, I would say most of America doesn't do that.

Also, have you looked at Honda? I have a Civic and they are remarkable for value, and from what I understand have a great resale value as well.

60k in almost 10 years?

I've had my car since 2003, darn near 90,000 miles :eek:

Got the G6. It'll be here on Wednesday. Wanted the Mazda6, went back and forth on it all day, called the insurance company and they made the decision for me..... Mazda6, every 6 months...... $900!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost passed out when I heard that.

Congrats on the purchase amigo :)

My insurance is about 700 a year, because I have a clean record and just turned 25 ;)

I'll post the pics as soon as I can. I got the sedan, they really pushed the 07 coupe on me but I didn't really like the shape of it. Plus the 07 didn't have 0% and was something like 2-4k higher. I think I'll really like it when I get it. I just need to install a Sirius when I get it and I'll be set.

enjoy it!! they look like a fun car.

I was going to mention the G6. I been eyeing them up for a while now. They are sweet cars and make great replacements for the Grand Ams ... Congrats on it dude .

Finally have some pics. The color is called stealth gray metallic, but depending on how the light hits it you might see blue/gray, green/gray or gray/gray. Or if your stoned you might see a purple rhinoceros. But who am I to judge :laugh:.

G6-4.jpg

G6-3.jpg

G6-2.jpg

G6-1.jpg

Yep. V6, 6 cd, moon roof, remote starter. Probably some other stuff too.

I bet it has windows. Windows come standard these days.

At least it didn't come with Linux .... flame bait!!

Does it?
Usually cars these days dont do that.
BMWs, no.
Lexus, no
Mercedes, no
I thought Acura, no

Wrong...

Benz specifies High-octane gas only... E-series anyway...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back