Got Vonage?

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Anyone have Vonage?

I don't currently have a home phone line, but was thinking of getting Vonage. Mostly because I want to have a speaker-phone capable device to make calls for business, and also to be able to fax from my home.

I'm 99.9% sold, was just curious to see if anyone had it and what their feedback was :)

I know someone with Vonage and they love it.

I would certainly get vonage except as you probably know, Comcast Dominates a lot of Massachusetts, and because we have the internet, Digital cable and on thursday their phone service we get a big discount...
If it weren't for the discount we get vonage would be my choice all the way...
25 bucks from what verizon charges (60 bucks for me). And i use my cell phone mostly...
Unless you have all comcast definately get Vonage!
-Jack

I do have Comcast, I haven't looked at their pricing. I'll have to check that out.

Yah because if you have like digital cable, and the internet its really cheap for the phone... You'll have to call them thouh, you can't do it on the internet(doesn't factor in the bundling) I believe my total comcast bill came out to around 110 dollars...
-Jack

A total of $110 for digital cable/voice/internet?

Yah
Thats for me in dover...
And usually Dover is more expensive than other towns, my aunt lives in norwood and she pays like 25 bucks for digital cable with hbo etc..
My digital cable does not include thefree HBO by the way, it is the HD version tho, we got it for our tv, casue normal cable sucks on it...
-Jack

I'll have to check into that. Right now I have regular cable, not digital, and high-speed internet, it's roughly $95 bucks

If I can upgrade to digital cable, and get voice for another 15/mo, great deal!

I had Vonage a year ago...(through comcast). It was decent and I was happy until. the problems started happening. Remember when your cable goes out you have no phone. With Comcast's streak of outages it begins to wear on your nerves. so i switched back SBC for my phone provider. until its full proof meaning they use a deticated service seperate for the VOIP and internet.

Give it a try...the quality was the same....but your really not saving much...

Yeah, I understand about the outages. Honestly though, I don't really have that problem. Probably about 2-3 years ago it was almost monthly, if not more frequent. I can't think of anything off the top of my head over at least the last year or so, hopefully they are getting better :)

Yah same here, i havent had any cable problems within 2 years either, i'd definately look into comcast digital voice and cable and internet... But remember you have to call them, the internet doesn't explain the bundling...
Wow 95 bucks though?
That sounds kind of high.... what do u pay for reg cable 35? and internet is 42 right? is nothing bundled in your plan? Actually i guess it sounds right...
but yeah we end up saving like 30 bucks from verizons phone bill, but that also invludes a 9 buck a month HD add-on
-Jack

I believe internet is 44.95 and TV is like 50 somethin'

I'll look into it this week, at least for pricing.

Yah i just checked to add digital to that package its an additional 15 bucks or less...
Hope this helps
-Jack

BTW Comcast has 24 hour 7 day a week service and sales so if you want to call over the weekend they'll be there..
-Jack

Yeah maybe I will call them later, I'm currently at work so I can't do that ;)

Thx for all the info, will let you know how it works.

Your most welcome!
Tell us how it works out
-Jack

I'm so disgusted!

I called Comcast on the way into work this morning, and the prices are rediculous.

As previously mentioned, I pay roughly $95 now for my High-speed internet and normal Cable TV (non-digital).

To add digital cable, it's about 5 bucks extra a month for the box, and $3 extra month for the channels. To get DVR, it's about $23 extra a month total for all services and extra boxes.

To get the digital voice, it's $69.99 for the first year for bundled internet/voice, and then the voice goes up to $39.99 after the first year.

I really need to investigate switching to DSL, these prices stink. That, plus Vonage looks much better :)

What the hell?
Im so confused as well, why are you paying so much more than i am?
Granted i don't have DVR but my total bill noew with voice digi cable and internet is only 115 dollars a month?
Im so confused...
-Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back