Got my copy!

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Well my OEM copy got delivered to me here at work today.

Rather uninspriring white OEM sleeve with a clear DVD case and the disk positioned upside down so it looked fancy through the box. Booklet only highlights the features with pretty pictures so not much use :p

I'll be reinstalling it tonight just incase there are differences between the torrent version and this copy.

Yeah, was suprised to see overclockers.co.uk shipping them so early.

Well, I was thinking about ordering from OCUK, but thought I'd give the MS competition a go.... small chance of winning Vista and Office, but nothing to lose if I'm not the lucky one. :D

ms competition? if you're talking about that thing to watch the webcasts.... it wasn't a competition. you complete it, you get it.

ms competition? if you're talking about that thing to watch the webcasts.... it wasn't a competition. you complete it, you get it.

well, it did say 1000 copies up for grabs... hehe. that's competition to me.

Originally Posted by ElementalDragon

Not if you live in Europe or anywhere else outside the good old U$ of A...:devious:
(well, maybe Canada...?)

Nope, we just cut them off. Passports will be required to cross the US Canada border effective this month. No more free rides for our northern colony.

Only air travel is affected by the new passport law until around 2008.

Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.

As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

all i can say is i hope we get our free copies of Vista Business around the time of Vista's release... not 6-8 weeks after THAT.

Waiting for the free upgrade from moduslink or whatever they are called. Prob get it sometime in the summer knowing my luck! :p

Wait ...Canada's not part of the US?:eek:

Oh, I'm sorry...

Not if you live in Europe or anywhere else outside the good old U$ of A.
(including Canada)

Forgive my ignorance, I am from Holland (you know: in Europe, part of the world next to (former) Russia?), a small country just above Belgium, so how could I know..:squareeye

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back