Got my copy!

Well my OEM copy got delivered to me here at work today.

Rather uninspriring white OEM sleeve with a clear DVD case and the disk positioned upside down so it looked fancy through the box. Booklet only highlights the features with pretty pictures so not much use :p

I'll be reinstalling it tonight just incase there are differences between the torrent version and this copy.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Well, I was thinking about ordering from OCUK, but thought I'd give the MS competition a go.... small chance of winning Vista and Office, but nothing to lose if I'm not the lucky one. :D

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
ms competition? if you're talking about that thing to watch the webcasts.... it wasn't a competition. you complete it, you get it.

hansrijf

sh! it stinks
Originally Posted by ElementalDragon

ms competition? if you're talking about that thing to watch the webcasts.... it wasn't a competition. you complete it, you get it.
Not if you live in Europe or anywhere else outside the good old U$ of A...:devious:
(well, maybe Canada...?)

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Nope, we just cut them off. Passports will be required to cross the US Canada border effective this month. No more free rides for our northern colony.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Only air travel is affected by the new passport law until around 2008.

Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.

As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
all i can say is i hope we get our free copies of Vista Business around the time of Vista's release... not 6-8 weeks after THAT.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
Waiting for the free upgrade from moduslink or whatever they are called. Prob get it sometime in the summer knowing my luck! :p

hansrijf

sh! it stinks
Wait ...Canada's not part of the US?:eek:

Oh, I'm sorry...

Not if you live in Europe or anywhere else outside the good old U$ of A.
(including Canada)

Forgive my ignorance, I am from Holland (you know: in Europe, part of the world next to (former) Russia?), a small country just above Belgium, so how could I know..:squareeye

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks