Got Modem Drivers... Now What???

E

erbinone

Ok... I got the driver's that I think I need for my modem to run under XP, now I don't know how to install them?? I have 4 files:

IntelH51.cat
IntelH51.inf
IntelH51.sys
migrate.dll

Now when I click on them (except the .inf file) they say that they are extensions and give me the option to open then w/ a program. I need help! Please tell me how to install these driver?!?!?!

erbinone@attbi.com

If windows detects the modem, but dosent know what modem it is: go to control panel then to system,
in system go to the Hardware tab, and then Device manager.
find the modem, right click it and select properties.
In the properties select the Driver tab, select "Update Driver".
Then "Install from a list or a specific location" , next select dont search... and later press the "Have Disk" button.
Browse to the location the drivers are at , and select them.

Then run the "add hardware" wizard (from the control panel).
if it finds the modem (maybe found as a communication device), select it then when it installs it install your Drivers for it.
if id dosent find it, select "Yes I have already connected the hardware" it will display a long list, try to find your modem in the list.
if it isnt there select "Add new hardware device" (at the end of the list) next select "Install the device manually" than select Modems from the list . in the next screen check the "Dont detect my modem" check box, than press the have disk button and browse to the drivers , select them and install them.

Is the modem internal or external? If it is external, switch it on, plug it into a serial port (which is enabled!;)) restart windows. Win XP should detect it. If its internal, well then it should have already been detected...perhaps try a different PCI slot.

You might check out your bios for the serial port settings, try changing to auto or even disable to see if XP will pick it up, you may have a conflict with one of the ports now if it's not seeing it at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back