got a challenge for u all

I

id0g

if ne one can find me an XP Driver For the UMAX ASTRA 2000P, u'll be desiginated G0|). :cool:

btw... for any of u thinking about buying a scanner never buy one from Umax because they have horrible driver support.

thnx and gl...

From what I can tell, Umax will not make any drivers for their parallel scanners for XP. I will look around some more when I get home. You never know.

Straight from UMAX:

XP users: A Windows XP Patch is required. Use the form above to check for Windows XP compatibility. All UMAX parallel port scanners (i.e., Astra 300P, 600P, 610P, 1210P, 1220P, and 2000P) are not supported under XP.

not on our hardware compatability list here either

i have an umax astra scan 3400. before that i had a hp scanjet. iwhen i was running w98se it never worked it kept blue screening 98se... installed xp and wow it works ace, but i never installed any drivers for it as it works and umax drivers seem to be unstable (for once microsft drivers are stable).

I know this doesn't help you but just to say some umax scanners work ok with xp.

for your driver tryHere

User name: drivers
Password: all

They have some great drivers for all sorts of hardware and for xp

--Nick--

driverguide have drivers for most hardware, for all operating systems.....

They even have drivers people have made for there devices because the makers didn't ..... Smart Arse's

--Nick--

Give this a try

I carried out a search on Google and came up with these links:
http://scannerplace.com.au/umax drivers.htm

http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber....P&DigiCam=0&SCSI_Karte=0&UK_Form=Search+Drive

http://www.winoscentral.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=printpage&artid=35
Umax Astra 2000P scanner
This scanner shares a Plug and Play ID with the Umax Astra 1200P, causing error messages to display during installation. To work around this issue, install this scanner as a Umax Astra 1200P.

http://www.iumax.com/driver/winxpdrv.htm

All these sites have some kind of driver for your scanner,best of luck.
FOSSY69

also, in the case of my scanner (Trust Easy Connect 19200 Plus) windows 2000 drivers work just fine - so it might be worth giving them a try perhaps?

no guarantee they will work tho.

Well id0g, to say UMAX scanners are bad is not true..

I've got a 2100U, works 100% perfect, with UMAX drivers on XP.

Its the same old thing you cant find drivers so immediately the company is bad, has no idea of customer support and must be a cowboy outfit!!.

This just isnt true. The models that UMAX dont support are OLD legacy scanners, most companies today reach a point where its not practical to support every model they have produced. It seems to be the norm to support a product for 5years tops, as most electrical items only have a 5yr life-span.

Now wether or not your model is 5yrs old, I dont know, but dont right off a company.

don't listen to stuy_b

jackasses with money think they know everything. Umax are jerks if you have a parallel scanner. All they care about is "are you goign to shell out more $$ for a usb scanner?"

Don't fall for that crap, the scanner itself is fine, they're too lazy (cheap) to write decent, up-to-date drivers. I have a 1220P (uses the same driver as the 2000P I think) and it's a pain, but you can get it working with the 3.51's.

By the way stuy_b, I bought my scanner *2* years ago.

p.s. umax usa is going to start charging for drivers!!!!!! hahaha, is that crazy? the only company in the world to charge for drivers, stuy_b is right, they're GREAT. (you can still get the same drivers for free from umax taiwan)

k.
i installed the scanner as an imaging device as the website told me to

here....

thnx for the input everyone...

but. i still can't scan anything...
it's a parallel port scanner, and therefore it's not detecting it.
if i used a general scanning utility, could it work?

one more thing that i've been thinking about.
if i were to get a parallelport to usb connector.... could i make the scanner work that way?? ... just a thought ...

ne one?

that's the same thing FOSSY69 had showed above...
the scanner is installed as an imaging device, but i don't know how to actually scan something, becuase i don't have any software that actually works.

i'm going to try to reinstall everything again... because i don't know if i did it exactly right, but i believe that i did.
thnx for the input guys...
but i'm still stumped... :confused:

more info....

k. i went to teh bios, and under parallel port, i have this.
----------------------------------------
Mode:

Output Only
Bi-Directional
EPP
ECP

Base I/O Address:

Interrupt:

IRQ5
IRQ7
-------------------------------------------
what i have underlined is what is enabled in the bios.
if i change some settings, could it work?....
and to add.... my printer is conencted to my scanner and inturn is connected to teh computer... i haven't tried working around that yet, but i'm going to tonite.
wish me luck....

oh and btw, i redid exactly what it said to do on the site and it still does not work.

WOO FOOKIN HOO

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

i guess by now u all realize that it WORKS!
thanks to everyone that has helped me out
xp-erience is the place to go for not only news, updates, downloads, tweaks, and themes, but for EVERYTHING.

thnx again
i owe u all

w00t! :D :D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back