News Google's Gmail Clearing Out Clutter in Inbox With "Priority Inbox"

Gmail users who feel swamped by a flood of messages in their inbox will now have help sorting them out, with "Priority Inbox".

"Priority Inbox" is a new feature for Gmail users who are getting swamped by massive amounts of messages in their inbox. This feature pushes a user's most important e-mails to the top of the inbox list and leaves them there. The new feature was scheduled to be part of Gmail midnight Monday ET.

Gmail users should see a red "New Features" link in their inbox on Tuesday morning, with that you can enable the "Priority Inbox" feature.

An algorithm will determine what messages go into the "Prioty Inbox". This will depend on key phrases in the message, like the identity of the sender and if the e-mail was sent to one individual or a group.

So if you received a message from say a family member (Spouse, Son/Daughter, etc...) it would get listed above/ahead of some promotional e-mails that the Gmail user might have subscribed to.

Gmail users will be able to personalize their priority boxes, removing and/or adding e-mails as they'd like to prioritize them.

Gmail has added quite a few tweaks recently and it looks good so far.

Re: Galaxy Computer Scrapes : Alltypes of computer related scrapes

Collection of old computers keyboards mouse motherboard hard disk monitor printers and all type of computer scrapes.

What does this have to do with Gmail?

I been seeing that feature, but wasn't sure what it was. It sounds good ..

I'll admit to it.. whatcha gonna do! :p

Didn't make sense to have the button there after the post it referred to was gone..

Didn't make sense to have the button there after the post it referred to was gone..

Oh the temptation...

button-delete.jpg

REVENGE!

:p

But if you had left it, it would be a marker of how we decimate spam posts, and a warning to would be spam crapper one post wonders.

It would say, "we will nuke you, here's the button and we ain't afraid to use it". ;)

But if you had left it, it would be a marker of how we decimate spam posts, and a warning to would be spam crapper one post wonders.

It would say, "we will nuke you, here's the button and we ain't afraid to use it". ;)

yes.. and I pushed the button.. and see what happened :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back