Google..

JJH35

OSNN Addict
why is googles search considered so good, ive noticed on nearly all my searches, that yahoo's results are the same as google'...

Look at the very last line on any yahoo search page:

"Search Technology provided by Google"

:blink:

That should answer your question.

-JG

Originally posted by JohnnyGreb
Look at the very last line on any yahoo search page:

"Search Technology provided by Google"

:blink:

That should answer your question.

-JG

lol... true...

btw the system google uses to display websites is quite good... generally speaking... better than most other engines I have used... google tends to generate more hits for certain topics that I use quite a bit in the technical field as compared to others.. and I also enjoy the simple interface :)

because of this... google is used quite a bit more than other search engines... and is also considered a better engine... and therefore some sites use the technology in their own search 'engines' :)

yep, i think one of the of the other factors is that it is so easy to use, not like some other ones....

-Bert

yeah no pop ups, no annoying long website with all these links. just a line and search and stuff. and that nice IMage feature! i love that!!!!!

i like the fact that there are no ads. i also like the nifty new news feature. :)

Yes, their news feature is really good, so is image search.

Last time I was doing a project, needed images of apples, so I search for apples, and wee, a few hundred pages will with..errr...apples :p

It'll be a long time until someone figures out a better searching technique than google.

I believe right now that google determines website importance by how many people link that page... but it's a little more complicated than that, because the importance of the page that links them is also important. It's like a never ending cycle of linking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back