Google..

JJH35

OSNN Addict
why is googles search considered so good, ive noticed on nearly all my searches, that yahoo's results are the same as google'...

J

JohnnyGreb

Look at the very last line on any yahoo search page:

"Search Technology provided by Google"

:blink:

That should answer your question.

-JG

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by JohnnyGreb
Look at the very last line on any yahoo search page:

"Search Technology provided by Google"

:blink:

That should answer your question.

-JG
lol... true...

btw the system google uses to display websites is quite good... generally speaking... better than most other engines I have used... google tends to generate more hits for certain topics that I use quite a bit in the technical field as compared to others.. and I also enjoy the simple interface :)

because of this... google is used quite a bit more than other search engines... and is also considered a better engine... and therefore some sites use the technology in their own search 'engines' :)

U

UberBert

yep, i think one of the of the other factors is that it is so easy to use, not like some other ones....

-Bert

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Yes, their news feature is really good, so is image search.

Last time I was doing a project, needed images of apples, so I search for apples, and wee, a few hundred pages will with..errr...apples :p

S

Scatophobe

It'll be a long time until someone figures out a better searching technique than google.

I believe right now that google determines website importance by how many people link that page... but it's a little more complicated than that, because the importance of the page that links them is also important. It's like a never ending cycle of linking.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut