• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Google Spreadsheets

Got my invite this morning. It's nice and simple, and the UI makes sense. :)

Obviously lacks some of the more advanced functionality of Excel, but I don't think they were aiming for an "Excel-killer" (although the press loves to use that word). It could be quite handy since it'll give you free access to basic spreadsheet functionality on any computer that's connected to the web.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I think it's going to be popular amongst students. They can hook any machine up to the internet and have a basic spreadsheet program without a. paying, or b. massive downloads.

Obviously those who need more complex functionality will need Excel (or Oo_O) but as it stands, I see this as being extremely useful :)

SPeedY_B said:
I think it's going to be popular amongst students. They can hook any machine up to the internet and have a basic spreadsheet program without a. paying, or b. massive downloads.

Obviously those who need more complex functionality will need Excel (or Oo_O) but as it stands, I see this as being extremely useful :)
Agreed. And when they get Writely out of the door too, you'll have a word processor to go along with this. :)

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
havev't recieved an invite yet, but I don't find this usefull towards me. It's still going to be a good thing to come along.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi