Google Pages - Who Got It?

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I posted this on the frontpage the other day:
http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=12552

Did anyone end up signing up? As of about 10 PM EST last night, they have closed the door for new accounts, creating a waiting list..

"Thank you for your interest in Google Page Creator! Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. In the meantime, please submit your email address and we will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience."

I joined the list, and learned a lesson to signup immediately from now on :(

I'm going to update the frontpage story with this information as well...

Basically it's a Google branded Geocities. Hurrah.

No thanks ;P

I still want it.

From what I understand they will be opening up the program again very soon.

There are obviously going to be people who want it...I mean geocities is where I first started out. But that was back in...1999 :D

I got it .. It looks nice. I have to add more content to it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is way to limited. But if you are using it for a regular page for pics and little things, it is perfect.

Too many things out there to do. I have some woodwork to finish, playing games, beat my wife, laundry, the front O2 sensor, belt idler, bills to pay and drinking to do. There will be no time for a frontpage.........

i signed up to it + had a brief play :p

I wasn't anywhere near a keyboard at the time it went live, and Digg members ensured that no one else got a chance to use it :p

I signed up to be notified when it becomes available again though, if not just to try, to let friends use :)

I tried it when it just launched. It's nice if you want to throw together a quick WYSIWYG type of site.
I don't think I classify as part of the target audience though. :D

I want Google _______, because its from Google!

Well no... but the GFB's think that way. Google's approach will no doubt be thirty-billion times better than Geocities' best efforts..but its still some sort of limiting crap Id never find fully satisfying.

Mainframeguy said:
I'll look at bobsalot - but I already think i do not want this....
Nothing too revealing, except he seems to like the color pink :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back