Google Notebook Screenshots

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
The site is now live. :)
http://www.google.com/notebook

Clip and collect information as you browse the web.

Clip useful information.
You can add clippings of text, images and links from web pages to your Google Notebook without ever leaving your browser window.

Organize your notes.
You can create multiple notebooks, divide them into sections, and drag-and-drop your notes to stay organized.

Get access from anywhere.
You can access your Google Notebooks from any computer by using your Google Accounts login.

Publish your notebook.
You can share your Google Notebook with the world by making it public.

I can't keep up anymore with all the Google stuff :p

I don't think it's fully launched. If I login, I don't see anything at all. Maybe we weren't supposed to see it yet. :D

Looks like it could be very useful. It adds a new item to your browser's context menu (IE and Fx), so you can select something on a web page and add it to a notebook. Basically, an elegant way to aggregate related bits and pieces of information from various sources. Would be really handy if you needed to research a particular topic and collect information for a paper, for example.

NLM said:
Yahoo has the same thing I think.
Are you referring to del.icio.us which Y! acquired not too long ago?

del.icio.us is a social bookmarking service. Basically, you can collect and share interesting links, and tag them etc. but I don't think it allows you to capture snippets of information from various different sources and aggregate them together.

NetRyder said:
Are you referring to del.icio.us which Y! acquired not too long ago?

del.icio.us is a social bookmarking service. Basically, you can collect and share interesting links, and tag them etc. but I don't think it allows you to capture snippets of information from various different sources and aggregate them together.
No, its called My Web
http://myweb2.search.yahoo.com/

NLM said:
Hmm...that looks a lot like del.icio.us too.

Save your bookmarks in a place where you can always find them.
Share your bookmarks with family, friends and colleagues.
Discover new things by browsing what's popular or interesting to you.
As I said, it doesn't look like you can pick bits and pieces of info from various different sites and combine them into a single collection (which Google calls a notebook).

Wonder if Y! is planning to combine del.icio.us and MyWeb into one sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back