Google Goof

MissingIntellect

ÜberGeek
Go to Google, then to the translator, and type in "My mom is nice and cool" and translate it from English to Spanish. Then copy and paste the result and translate it back into English.

wink.gif

"My breast is pleasant and fresh" for the lazy people.

Hahaha!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I knew those online translators could be a little dogdy sometimes, but this is just hilarious.

lol... I can't think of a situation where it would be safe to translate "mama" into "breast"... :D score some points for the dictionary writers on that one :p

give proper credit were it is due. This is a Babel Fish screwup. Google just uses it as it;s own like they do with everything else :)

just to spoil the fun its better to use full length words with these things, mother comes back Mi madre which translates back into mother ;)

Even more distressing I found is if you put in just "mom" and translate to spanish and get "mama" and then translate that back to english you get "it sucks" :eek:

:D, hilarious. I would never want to rely on an online translator anyway

a few people at my school did their french essays by running it through the babelfish translator, the teacher picked it up instantly cause all the grammar was ****e :p

u know u guys have a point but miss something:

mama = BREAST

mamá = MOTHER

Mamá and mama are 2 different words in spanish

interesting .. didn't give me the slashing thingy when i translated .. and i never got to take spanish cuz was forced into french :(

no it doesnt give the slashing thingy.......in spanish (hope i use the correct word) ' is call accent and what it does is empahzices the pronunciation of the the word......u know is funny casue i try the same sentence bit with dad instead of mom and when it translate it, says papá which is the correct word, i though it will come up with papa which means potatoe.....funny that it only does it with mom........maybe it is because dads doesnt had breast? :p

and BTW mama can be breast or it sucks either of those are correct it depends how u use the word

lmao! nice one, and spanish is sooo much like french Xie... accent et gue? accent circonflex?

Vetrius said:
lmao! nice one, and spanish is sooo much like french Xie... accent et gue? accent circonflex?
I only wish I could remember even a sentence to type back :( ... suppose I'm lucky to even be able to say a few such as "what time is it?" and "I don't understand." :p I used almost daily in class hehe.

i'm taking ancient greek right now, and greek is so specific, that if you change even one letter in a word(in some cases) you change the entire sentence.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back