Google going 2 Geee

L

Lee

Ohh yes, Google will soon be offering 'double bubble' amount of storage space,thats right kids, 2 G.

Google Inc., which took the first shot in the free e-mail storage battle with the release of its Gmail product last year, said on Thursday it is doubling free storage to 2 gigabytes shortly after Yahoo Inc. matched its original offer.

Google said the increase will not be the last from the company, which intends to make further free storage increases on its Web e-mail system as user needs expand.

"We plan on continuing this increase for the foreseeable future," said Georges Harik, product management director for Gmail.

Seems like we have a Google v's Yahoo shoot out on the olde wilde internet!

Read More & Source

it's here for a reason, maybe the date is a clue as I am unsure if it's worth Google's time doubling up, as well who needs 1 G anyway

I have been looking around, Yahoo are going to offer 2 G to their paid users, this must be why.

Here

Can just see the Google and Yahoo round tables right now, with battle plans drawn up, with the words on the Field Marshalls lips, 'this is war'.

Who needs anything more than 100mb inbox with 10mb attachments if they can download the mail on to a pc???
I'm only using 1% of hotmail's 250mb at the moment... and 0.0xx% of gmail's. lol

Well the original gmail was announced last april 1st.
I think they have realised no one is going to reach a gig, or not too many so they may as well just increase it.

Lee said:
I have been looking around, Yahoo are going to offer 2 G to their paid users, this must be why.

MSN already offering 2GB for paid users. :)

Electronic Punk said:
Well the original gmail was announced last april 1st.
I think they have realised no one is going to reach a gig, or not too many so they may as well just increase it.

Do yourself a favor, http://gmail.com/ they have their new plan for Infinity+1 storage. The counter keeps running up!

They really went all out on this one though: You are currently using 38 MB (3%) of your 1214 MB.

gmail.jpg

I am using 0% of my gmail account.
Simply don't use it

You are currently using 51 MB (3%) of your 1476 MB. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back