Google Does Jobs

Yeah - I found a few real gems in my area that I may have applied too, or maybe not :rolleyes: :p

Yea but almost all of them were listed on careerbuilder already...

:D

True, but this solves you from having to visit multiple job sites. Run a query in one place and it searches all of them for you simultaneously :)

damn, they really want C# developers near my home

kcnychief said:
True, but this solves you from having to visit multiple job sites. Run a query in one place and it searches all of them for you simultaneously :)

I will give you that, it seems to me they are biased towards careerbuilder, I made it a point to search for jobs with the following key words:

network, security, engineer on several sites including: Dice, monster, careerbuilder, and our TBO.com (local website)

and I had more hits on Monster for my area than I did on careerbuilder, and Google mostly only showed the ones from... you guessed it careerbuilder...

I Love Google dont get me wrong, it just seems that they should be equal... UNLESS, monster doesnt allow webcrawlers or something?

:rolleyes:

Or unless one company pays more than the other to appear higher in search results :D

kcnychief said:
Or unless one company pays more than the other to appear higher in search results :D

or there is always that... :eek:

LOL

:laugh:

Isn't google base something which companies provide information for google to index. Maybe its just that CareerBuilder are the only ones which have submitted information to be indexed.

Geffy said:
Isn't google base something which companies provide information for google to index. Maybe its just that CareerBuilder are the only ones which have submitted information to be indexed.

Anyone can submit information to google base, but yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back