Goodbye Ol Friend

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
So long to my ol friend...many memories with this baby. Two tracking,muddin,stuff with a certain girl,many laughs and jokes.

She was my first vehicle and even though she cost $2000 and ended up putting $3000 into fixing it up since I bought it and that it still runs like crap I am gonna miss it. The body is rusting out badly,oil leak is really bad and it burns oil,takes a bit to get to 70mph,and just alot of little things. My blazer actually is better shape then most of the blazers I see. Most of them have rust all over the place but mine is pretty much the bottom back corners and the spots across the bottom. Alot of the body is rotted out so its gonna get bad soon. Stupid steering column broke 2 days before I was about to park it untill I sold it. Luckly my step uncle had a extra one and so that was good.

Had enough of fixing it up and the gas was killing me. She had to go...:cry:

Got the car for $1000...with alot of stuff done to it. Step uncle is the car guy and knows everything about cars and did alot of stuff to the car since it was his buddy's. I plan on getting better rims and a paint job. Luckly my other step uncle owns a body shop and said he would give me a killer deal on a paint job since he is family and that my mom has done alot for him lately since she is good with remodeling and all.

I love the quickness and the gas milage of the car :). I put 4 12's in it last night but gonna just sell 2 of the 12's since I really don't need that much and I am low on money till my next social security check.

Just some quick pictures I took. Alot of people love the blazer but they know how bad it sucks. Its funny because a few people don't want me to get rid of it lol. I get alot of looks, mostly because of the Mudwiser I think :laugh:.

RIP: Baby Blue, June 30th 2005 - January 31st 2006 :cry:

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 124
  • Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 102
:eek:

When I first read this thread and saw the title, I thought a person who you were friends with had passed on. Then I read further down, and saw it was your vehicle :D

Goku: I figured someone would after I posted it

Derek: I do because I love that blazer. I mean how could you let go of a vehicle that says Mudwiser. I thought of it all by myself for a sticker. One of a kind in my area. I have done to many things in that beast. Some I am legally not suppose to say :p

Ah, kinds of things you could tell me and then have to kill me? :eek:

3.8L V-6 narrow angle 200Bhp @ 5400RPM? Still a pushrod engine though yuk!

Run your + and - amp cables to the battery or you will jack the gauges up.
Go buy two quarts of basic ATF fluid, add one tou your tank on the next fillup and one to your motor oil at 300 or so miles before the change.

Keep the tank at least 1/4 full at ALL times unless you want to buy a fuel pump.

There are about 10 simple things that you can do to improve performance for a few bucks each if you have the time and tools.

Son Goku said:

When I first read this thread and saw the title, I thought a person who you were friends with had passed on. Then I read further down, and saw it was your vehicle :D

.... and I thought it was a dog! :p

There's a name for this - think is is anthromorphism or sumthin!

I kinda understand - although as a person who had to wait until he was over 35 for his first car (LOoooong time on bikes!) I tend to feel you were a very lucky young man to have a vehicle like that as your first at that age...

And Steevo is right about the pushrods - had a bike engine without cams once - my first and my last!

i presumed it was gona be one of his dogs :p

Son Goku said:

heh... I thought he was leaving forum when I saw the title. :p

Steevo said:
3.8L V-6 narrow angle 200Bhp @ 5400RPM? Still a pushrod engine though yuk!

Run your + and - amp cables to the battery or you will jack the gauges up.
Go buy two quarts of basic ATF fluid, add one tou your tank on the next fillup and one to your motor oil at 300 or so miles before the change.

Keep the tank at least 1/4 full at ALL times unless you want to buy a fuel pump.

There are about 10 simple things that you can do to improve performance for a few bucks each if you have the time and tools.
I take it that you talking about the car.

Its a 3.1 and its funny because 99% of the people that have seen it now thought it would be a 3.8.

The guy before me used lucas (I think that was the name) oil and said alot of things improved from it.

I plan on taking good car of this car :). It has all new gaskets in the motor...head gaskets and the whole sha bang. Alot of other parts too.

If the motor goes its cheap to rebuild the 3.1 and cheap to get a new one. I should be fine by the end of senior year in 07.

Now for the rest of you poking fun...your mean :p.

If you lived by me and actually knew how bad my blazer ran and all you would be surprised that this thing made it to chicago and back. Thats about ~400 there and back plus whatever driving we did in the city. Not sure how it made it but it did. The motor is strong yeah but it leaks way to much oil and it saves me alot more money by getting this car :).

Meany heads lol

3.1 DOHC?

I have a Olds with that in it. 175Bhp, but with some mods I have mine performing as well as the 3.8 Supercharged. Exhaust and intake, those engines want to breathe more than the factory lets them.

If you have thr right adapter, hook a 50PSI pressure guage in the Oxegen sensor hole and put the engine under load and see what you get. Then if you want mod the exhaust and watch it drop 15PSI of backpressure.

Port and polish the upper and lower intake.

Cold air induction.

Low temp thermostat.

Mod the EGR, *illegal in most states* but only if you don't have to pass smog tests.

And better than Lucas is Mobil One. I carry 40-60PSI of pressure and have almost 200K on mine, it won't touch a drop of it. 0W30 in winter, 5W30 in spring and fall, and 10W30 in sumer. 10K oil changes.

Drive it off a cliff. That would be a cool way to go out.

madmatt said:
Drive it off a cliff. That would be a cool way to go out.

Just make sure you arnt in the car :dead:

NLM said:
I would make love to that Blazer.

Right on

I made love in it :laugh:

Steevo: Sounds like a good idea

Anywhere you could give me ways to do this and all that jazz? Yeah its a 3.1 DOCH. I wouldn't mind doing all of that to it either. I heard the 3.1's are good motors and cheap to rebuild and all.

Son Goku said:

DITTO... I was gonna give condolences, but then I started thingking abut my first car a classic 1966 Mustang "Emberglow" paint job and a pony interior...

You have my heart felt condolences..

ming said:
So long as you didn't presume it was gona be a cow. :D

Or a heard of cows... I've heard of horse power wrt cars before, but cow power :D Albeit, enough cow farts, might create some gas that could make an engine go, that was equiped to burn it that is :laugh:

Oh, and one of my Tai Chi teachers, a long time back, and before the university started tieing liscense plate numbers to parking permits, found the perfect way to get rid of her old car. Drive it on campus, with someone driving a second one. Clean it out, and leave it. It was about a month from what she was saying before they toed it, not knowing who it belonged to. Of course it was abandoned :laugh:

The thing apperently had no value by then, and wasn't even worth the towing charge, or the claim of ownership... I guess after all the parking hassle, the over sold permits (perhaps in part to get some ticket quota), she decided to leave a lil present behind :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back