Goodbye from him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adverts don't bother me too much on this site. It's the ones which have to hover over whatever you are trying to look at that annoy me!

I removed the ranking one, they sent me a mail today and over the last month we had dropped down the list.

erm? We are getting bigger every week?
Silly people.

I had never heard of that other company anyway, cowboys I say! At least Alexa get it right :)

Electronic Punk said:
well I can't even be sure of that to be honest...
Well obviously a third party can't accurately track traffic, but they seem to do a better job than most and definitely reflect the increased volume in traffic here recently

xsivforce said:
I have been running a relatively forum and gameserver for over 2 years without the need to resort to the pathetically intrusive attempts at cretinous advertising that you feel you require.
I do it because I enjoy it, and don't mind paying for the hosting/maintainance, but when there is a specific need I know I can rely on my members. They've never failed me! BUT, most of them have said, and still maintain that if I were to introduce advertising then I wouldn't see them for dust!

you have your perogative...

our members come here and we all get together and provide a service as best we can and develop a community to the best of our abilities w/o the need for any form of imposition...

this site is free to all members and has been in all its iterations over the years..

I am not a big fan of adverts but then again i am willing to accept it if it keeps this place free for everyone (cept the guy paying the bills)

it is your perogative to use this place or not... we can't just stop using advertisers who help foot the bills for the hosting just because you don't like it, doesn't work that way...

we have endeavored to make sure this place is as un-intrusive as possible by disallowing some forms of advertising...

what we do have left is not over-reaching, nor does it spawn pop-ups from hell...

---

if you decide to stay, you are most welcome... if you are simply interested in makin threats about leaving unless we change something to suit your needs, that is unfortunately not a constructive way of doing things...

Holy thread resurection
oldmanthread.jpg

There's intrusive ads? The one at the top? its intrusive

The site is great the way it is. If EP decided to ask for donations to get rid of adverts, I'm sure many members would contribute. Instead, he's decided to have a few small adverts to help pay the cost to run the site. I can't imagine it's much but, it's that much less he has to put out of his pocket.

Electronic Punk said:
I would never ask for a donation.

kudo's to you for that... :)

I don't think some people realise the amount of work put in by some people in keeping this site afloat and bringing it back to the level it was at before some unfortunate setbacks with databases...

but I love the community :D and thats that...

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, bottom line is that the adverts can be blocked, not sure how as I don't do it myself, but the way I have structured the site, they can be removed without affecting the layout and causing weirdness.

While I would like people to display the ads, perhaps even click on them, as it is my only site income - they can be easily disabled.

Many sites offer "Gold Member" accounts that remove advertisements. They usually offer them to members who are willing to donate $5-10 dollars. I would gladly donate. :)

Edit: I didn't read the whole post before posting this... sorry if it was discussed already. :lick:

gothic said:
I have been a member for well over a year, and a regular visitor.
I have now, however, decided to call it a day!

I will not be returning.....

UNLESS THOSE DAMN ADVERTS GO..!!!!!!!

Get adblock for firefox :p.....if anybody asks you didnt hear it from me

I have blocked so many ad sites i dont even see them anymore, its rahter nice
Heres a linkie for you adblock

He waited 7 months since the last post to come back and have another dig about
pathetically intrusive attempts at cretinous advertising
something that does not exist ??? All I can say is is he sure he's on the right forum?
Strange person :eek:

gothic said:
I have been running a relatively forum and gameserver for over 2 years without the need to resort to the pathetically intrusive attempts at cretinous advertising that you feel you require.
I do it because I enjoy it, and don't mind paying for the hosting/maintainance, but when there is a specific need I know I can rely on my members. They've never failed me! BUT, most of them have said, and still maintain that if I were to introduce advertising then I wouldn't see them for dust!

Looks like you didn't pay your hosting bill, your homepage says no website configured at this address.

Who cares about the advertising, I can't buy gas without the pump flashing a pepsi sale at me, I don't start throwing hissy fits in the parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back