Goodbye from him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothic

LinuXPert
I have been a member for well over a year, and a regular visitor.
I have now, however, decided to call it a day!

I will not be returning.....

UNLESS THOSE DAMN ADVERTS GO..!!!!!!!

dont go...
whats the specific issue with the banners?

dont like threats and I dont respond well to them either... Its one thing to talk about an issue but to say its my way or the I am gone is immature and childish. Will he stomp his feet also ?? Does he offer a solution, like paying for the server and or the bandwidth?? I dont have the patience for ppl like that.

Geffy said:
dont go...
whats the specific issue with the banners?
I spend my life trying to avoid those annoying, pathetic attempts to sell. I honestly thought that here was one safe haven. I can quite happily handle the odd small advert, but when they are on virtually all the pages, and plastered all over the place, then they become "in your face" and to be avoided at all costs!!

Sad to see, but I still think we have less advets than many sites in our category.

I agree with PK. You don't make ultimatums, its not how its done. The adverts a necessary evil and besides, they don't intrude at all, i barely notice them (other than when i click one each day)

PseudoKiller said:
dont like threats and I dont respond well to them either... Its one thing to talk about an issue but to say its my way or the I am gone is immature and childish. Will he stomp his feet also ?? Does he offer a solution, like paying for the server and or the bandwidth?? I dont have the patience for ppl like that.

Not that I see you often gothic, but it will be sad to see you go

gothic said:
I spend my life trying to avoid those annoying, pathetic attempts to sell. I honestly thought that here was one safe haven. I can quite happily handle the odd small advert, but when they are on virtually all the pages, and plastered all over the place, then they become "in your face" and to be avoided at all costs!!

Well have you tried using a Browser that blocks ADs entirely?

Like, say... Mozilla or Firefox. And install the AD Blocker Pop-Up extension.

And please done say that you shouldn't have to do that because if you are on the web you're gonna find it everywhere and you WILL need a browser that blocks them out. Unless you tollerate them elsewhere... but not here. Which then I think it's kinda lame. But that's just me.

So why don't ya try that before goin off... Hmmmmmmm???

analprobe_emote.gif

Yeah, bottom line is that the adverts can be blocked, not sure how as I don't do it myself, but the way I have structured the site, they can be removed without affecting the layout and causing weirdness.

While I would like people to display the ads, perhaps even click on them, as it is my only site income - they can be easily disabled.

dont worry ... you will only feel a little discomfort

Errr what ads? I only see 1 at the top of each page,how is that too many may I ask? :rolleyes:

exactly there are very few ads, how else is the £50 a month + licences going to be covered?

1) The ads are some of the most unobtrusive ads out there, especially for a tech oriented site. (Except for the random page rank thing up in the left had corner, what's that about???)

2) There was a discussion about this along time ago. Where were you then?

3) Would you rather have a few easy ads (that are easily disabled), or have this become a paid member ship site?

Gothic, you've had some good input on this site, it always is sad to lose a valuable member, but if you've already made up your mind, there's nothing we can do to stop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back