Goodbye dsl, hello cable ...

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I got cable internet back today. Speeds are: 6 meg down | 768k up. I was going to wait till fiber came to town, but that won't be for another 10 years, so this is good for now. I am flying once again !! :)

I'm happy for you.

I'm trying to get some of my customers to switch because I hate DSL in a corporate environment. Problem is that it's much cheaper (usually less than half the cost of cable), and they don't want to swing for it.

yeah, I like it a lot better than dsl. I'm still going to switch to fios though, if eve comes to me area ...

FIOS...someday :D We won't have it here for a while, either. But nice to see you're on a fast connection!

I dont think ill ever get fios, not worth the switch.
I also think that Cable will keep getting faster and faster, as demand grows.

I dont think ill ever get fios, not worth the switch.
I also think that Cable will keep getting faster and faster, as demand grows.

Fios still has MUCH better upload, that alone should be reason enough to go with Fios. Comcast really needs to increase their upload speed for all their users.

Thats very true, but i dont care that much, im not hosting game servers or anything.

don't think FIOS will ever come to my area.. i'm in SBC/AT&T country.

Last time I called FIOS asking if they would ever come to the Chicago area.. I swear I think I heard laughing on the other end in the background.

I believe for 1.5/384 its 9.99 for the first three months then 19.99 from then on. I am not sure what their prices are for the 3.0/768 plan, I dont think its a whole lot more.

I guess thats cheap.
We pay 52 for comcast. but i guess it is faster

I personally dont think cable is worth the cost, you can almost the same speed for quite a bit less. Also cable has its other downsides such as lag spikes and shared access. Not sure why people are so hogwild over it, DSL is a much better value imho.

DSL is 3 mbps max, and its slower the farther from the terminal u are.
Fios are good, i guess.
but cable keeps getting faster and faster
we are at 8 right now i think

I would love FiOS.. I would switch in a heartbeat.. *sigh*

As far as SBC rates, their intro (web special.. whatever) rate is $12.99 for a PPoE 1.5/384k linesharing connection and goes up to $27.99 for a 6mbs/608k line (prices all subject to you signing a 1 year contract). Price w/o contract (month to month) jumps to $34.99 for the 1.5/384 and $44.99 for the 6/608k connection.
Static IP rates start at $49.99 for a 1.5/384k connection w/1 yr contract and goes all the way up to $94.99 for a 6.0/608k connection going month to month.

I don't like PPPoE either, it is useless now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back