Good WW2 games ?

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
I am looking for a good WW2 game, preferably of the RTS kind. System specs are on the lower side with a P41.4 GHz, 128MB RDRAM (RDRAM sucks cause I cant upgrade cheaply) and a GeForce 2 MX 400. Can anybody here recommend one that'll fit my system ? I wont mind if the game is old, its gotta be good.

Also, ppl post your favorite WW2 game, regardless of sys specs.

NerdUprising

[ Method ]
Unleashed said:
MOHAA!!!!!
And CoD...

What he said :D

[edit]wait - you might want to have at least 256Mb for both of those, especially the latter. Also, both being FPS (not RTS) you might not want to play them at all[/edit]

~bk

I
Political Access
Medal of Honor.
Return to the Castle of Wolfenstein.

vern

Dominus
Political Access
Check out Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps. I didn't like it too much, but it might suit your taste.

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. vern I dont think Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps will work on my system. I have already played MOH:AA and loved it, it worked OK on my system (eye-candy turned off). I was looking for an RTS game and I am going ahead with chastity's suggestion and try both Close Combat and Silent Storm.
I will also try RTCW sometime soon.

_kC_

OSNN Senior Addict
dont bother with anything else... just instal Call of duty :cool:

onimkron

OSNN Senior Addict
There's a demo for the game called 'Panzers,' weighs in at over 200mb, but it's great fun if you like Blitzkreig :)

muff

Muff
Good games

Battlefiled 1942 is a good Game if you are talking about WWII. :cool:
It is very realistic, and there is another game called Battlefield Vietnam. :cool:
Both game are from EA.
However, for these games you have to have a good video card for instance a Gforce fx5600 and up. :mad:

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
Battlefield 1942, you can buy the gold edition that comes with 2 expansion packsm that and the other 50+ mods in dev, beta that are out there, the forgotten hope mod is the most realistic WW2 mod on there, the ablity to fly/drive/land/sea/ground troops.

very very addictive game :)

www.bf1942.ea.com

tommy

OSNN Member
If you haven't played Call Of Duty then you must!!!
No excuses get down the shop and buy it Thats an order private!

toretto

Mentally Absent
I think i would recommend MOHAA and COD

I would really suggest upgraded the ram, it is detrimental to your gaming. i have a p4 1.7 with 1gig of RDRAM (pc800), when i added the last 512, it made EVERYthing better.

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
How much did it cost ? I think that it would be better to buy a new system than invest in RDRAM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmilyFox