Good project for registry expersts

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Hi dirk, new you'd show up...hehe...anyway, how about a right click somewhere (anywhere) on the desktop, which will get right to the file option on regedit...this'll be the fastest fasion to mount a registry backup, you'll right click, go to file, choose export...can do?....and here's another one, when you get a chance, how about a hack, so that home xper can log in as the administrator...can do? (joking, I do ask for the impossible, don't I)

Hi dealer,
how'd you know I'd turn up, LOL

Is what you want a right-click Context Menu that includes "Import" and/or "Export" ?.

I can't see the logic in having this. If you right-click the Desktop and click "Import" you would then have to search for the reg file to import. The same goes for "Export", you right-click the Desktop and click "Export" then have to open the registry and go to the Key you would like to export.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you. Please explain a little more.

Here's what I explained badly before...when I open regedit, I hit file, export, and then the window opens that gives you the option to export the whole registry...so, what I was thinking, if there is not an executable to get directly to this box, then maybe we could find a way thru one of your right click fujisms, to bring that window up, without haveing to open regedit....just an idea, that would make a registry backup a couple of cllicks faster...

Yes, I understand you now, I shall lay back and think about it a while. Its an interesting idea.

clearly, it was the term, "fujism" which shed light on my previously poorly discribed idea

Not looking good, I've tried the "extract switch" but it did nothing, I must be missing something. Must be an extra parameter I'm missing. I'll have another play when I get back from work.

I thought it'd be tough, I'm usually pretty good at finding targets...even when experts say there is no target...but I couldn't come close with this one, that's why I thought you'd be able to find it somewhere in the registry

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back