• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Good project for registry expersts

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Hi dirk, new you'd show up...hehe...anyway, how about a right click somewhere (anywhere) on the desktop, which will get right to the file option on regedit...this'll be the fastest fasion to mount a registry backup, you'll right click, go to file, choose export...can do?....and here's another one, when you get a chance, how about a hack, so that home xper can log in as the administrator...can do? (joking, I do ask for the impossible, don't I)

D

Dirk Diggler

Hi dealer,
how'd you know I'd turn up, LOL

Is what you want a right-click Context Menu that includes "Import" and/or "Export" ?.

I can't see the logic in having this. If you right-click the Desktop and click "Import" you would then have to search for the reg file to import. The same goes for "Export", you right-click the Desktop and click "Export" then have to open the registry and go to the Key you would like to export.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you. Please explain a little more.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Here's what I explained badly before...when I open regedit, I hit file, export, and then the window opens that gives you the option to export the whole registry...so, what I was thinking, if there is not an executable to get directly to this box, then maybe we could find a way thru one of your right click fujisms, to bring that window up, without haveing to open regedit....just an idea, that would make a registry backup a couple of cllicks faster...

D

Dirk Diggler

Yes, I understand you now, I shall lay back and think about it a while. Its an interesting idea.

D

Dirk Diggler

Not looking good, I've tried the "extract switch" but it did nothing, I must be missing something. Must be an extra parameter I'm missing. I'll have another play when I get back from work.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
I thought it'd be tough, I'm usually pretty good at finding targets...even when experts say there is no target...but I couldn't come close with this one, that's why I thought you'd be able to find it somewhere in the registry

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix