Good PDA recommendation

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
I'm looking for the best PDA recommendation under 400 dollars...anyone with any experience please post because I am a little clueless when it comes to this

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/axim_x51v?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

After taxes, its likely going to be over $400, but its a really good little device and the graphics processor is better than most.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/axim_x51_520?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Cheaper by a bit and slightly slower but much like its slightly newer brother, it is versatile and the o/s is the newer windows mobile 5.0.

Both are very feature packed and have good ratings.

I really like the dell but it's the only one I know of right now, I guess it seems like that is the only one worth while, hope I can get a good deal on one

Regardless of the PDA you choose, I would go with Windows Mobile vs Palm OS. It tends to play much better with Windows via Activesync, and is just plain cooler :)

IMO, Palm Desktop is p00p

Thread moved to Portable Devices.

Wait for Palm devices with Windows Mobile 5.0 or buy Dell

I am personally waiting for the Moto Q (first quarter, 2006).

I"m leaning toward the dell axim, but now my decision is between a Dell PDA and a Smartphone that does the same thing...not sure if I want to carry around 2 devices...

Thanks all for the help and if anyone has a really good smartphone to put in the mix I would appreciate it

I have tried a few smartphones, and I have found overall the audio isn't that great. By that I mean people have trouble hearing on the other end, and you can't raise the ear volume that much either. I might have had a bad product, but that was my feeling on it...

I know how you feel with two devices, but that may be your best bet for performance and quality on the hardware you will purchase.

i figured i'd throw in my two cents. i currently own a treo 650 smartphone and love it, the battery life isn't the greatest but i figure i could go about a week before another charge. the screen is beautiful (320 x 320), and so far i'v had no one tell me of having problems hearing me icluding people with bad hearing. good luck with your decision.

ghoulscout

The first Palm device with Windows Mobile 5.0 is supposed to be out Q1 for Verizon. It's supposed to be Treo 700/710.

Hi

I got the the HP IPAQ 2940, which I am very pleased with. They are a good solid PDA and the translucent screen guard is simply excellent. Video playback and audio is perfect and you have great connectivity with a CF and SD card along with wireless, bluetooth and infra-red. Its bundled with windows mobile 5 (not really much different that the old one) and outlook 2002. All in all i would defiantly recommend it!

thanks for all the help guys I'm going to keep looking at them and it seems I'm going to have 2 devices instead of the smartphone

I disagree with that notion. I decided not to buy an Axim and wait for a smartphone. The technology, aided by enhancements of Windows Mobile 5.0, has improved over the last year.

I don't know what carrier you have, but if that's how you feel you should look into a smartphone.

I have the treo smart phone and can't stand it as a pda, I also don't care for it as a phone

I purchased the axim for my pda work and love it

I'm with Cingular, and haven't seen anything worth while. BUt there are unlocked phones to be had if a GSM smartphone that wasn't with Cingular that was worthy were out there.

Cingular is expected the debut the Motorola Q in 2006, Q1.

You can see details at motorola.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back