Good Ol' Bill Gates

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
A Thread around the man that made what most of us are doing now possible...
Many people think that Bill Gates is very selfish... I completely disagree with these jerks... Bill Gates currently has a foundation of 30 Billion dollars to help miscellaneous charities, his own money...
Also he has planned to give up 95 percent of his wealth when he is old and gray. Thats one step more than i would ever do if i had his money, never would i give it up.
Even though Bill gates has a 60,000 square foot house worth over 53 million dollars many magazines have said this is very modest for a man of his wealth.
There are several Indian rulers who have palaces well over 100 million dollars in value. Anyways i just thought i'd make a Bill Thread...
Link: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/tech/billgate/gates.htm

Still think its bad that he is giving so little to his kids.

Tittles said:
That small fraction (which still amounts to a lot of money, by the way) will still let them live very comfortable lives. :)

I find his attitude in this regard very admirable. He wants his kids to earn their own livelihood, rather than giving them all he has and letting them live solely off inherited wealth. They'll have a great head-start, but they'll have to work just like their father did, and that will help them to realize the value of money, rather than turning them into spoiled brats like many other wealthy people's kids are today.

NetRyder said:
That small fraction (which still amounts to a lot of money, by the way) will still let them live very comfortable lives. :)

I find his attitude in this regard very admirable. He wants his kids to earn their own livelihood, rather than giving them all he has and letting them live solely off inherited wealth. They'll have a great head-start, but they'll have to work just like their father did, and that will help them to realize the value of money, rather than turning them into spoiled brats like many other wealthy people's kids are today.

I agree.

I mean it's still 10 MILLION. That's still a lot. That's more than most people make in their entire lifetime.

Its actually still 2 billion he will have left over. he has around 40 billion now so 95 percent of that is 38, plus when he is old im sure he'll be back up at 90 billion like he was before. I still believe he is a great man however, i mean picture u giving away 95 percent of your wealth, would you do it, and wouldn't your kids be pissed? Even tho its pobably a lot less in a ratio is more tha same...
-Jack

NetRyder said:

True...didn't think of that.

The same goes with my situation in a way. I work 4 hours a day after school every day. I make about $120 a week which isn't bad for my age. I also get social security which is $700 a month. I get people saying that I should just quit work and live off that. I am like first off I try and save most of my social security for when I get out of high school. Secondly I work to have pay for gas,lunch and to have fun on the weekends.

I also get people that think I don't deserve SS. Its not like I wanted it or anything. My dad has cancer and since I am his kid I get SS. It wouldn't bother me if I stop getting it because I would so rather have my dad be cured then to receive SS.

So I understand where Billy Boy is coming from. I would just give them a house and a vehicle and be like there you go :laugh:

Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda, are wonderful people. I admire them. The things they do for others. The foundation they have is the single largest private foundation (dollar wise).

He created an empire and he deserves every bit of it.

Anyone who gives to the poor is a good person, regardless of how much they have to give and how much they actually give. :)

Honestly i must say that i am very surprised at the outcome of the responses of the people on this thread. Because i have met many people who have their heads up their A$$es they are very hateful of Bill Gates because he is so rich, all i say to these people is get of your A$$ and make something happen for yourself...
I admire Bill he truly has a great heart and a great mind...
-Jack

Tittles said:

My parents are filthy rich. I renounced any assistance from them at age 20. Havn't looked back since.

The man is brilliant, him and Ted Turner are my favorite moguls.

He should have his kids move out when they are 18 and tell them with all the education that they could have had, or did that they should be fine.

vanquished said:
Its actually still 2 billion he will have left over. he has around 40 billion now so 95 percent of that is 38, plus when he is old im sure he'll be back up at 90 billion like he was before. I still believe he is a great man however, i mean picture u giving away 95 percent of your wealth, would you do it, and wouldn't your kids be pissed? Even tho its pobably a lot less in a ratio is more tha same...
-Jack

I mean for his children :p

Bill's wife helped him do things that he wanted to do -- he just didn't know how or where to start. He and his wife were Time Magazine's co-Person of the Year, along with Bono.

I agree with time magazine, i feel she has really helped to keep him in check with his spending... Anyways i disagree with telling his kids they have to move out when they are 18, i think they should be forced to go to college but when they return i think that they shouldn't be forced to find a house right out of college, i mean at some point you have to realize the facts, Bill was not poor as a child, infact he was quite wealthy...
-Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back