good news for all

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
im ringing to get myself sectioned

so you wont have to put up with my posts anymore

my parents had me secitioned when I was born, I don't even remember it but I want that piece back

It means he wants to have himself locked away as he is a danger to himself and others.
Will you still have internet? :eek:

I don't spend a lot of time here anymore - but why does this post by Carpo that makes very little sense not surprise me?:rolleyes:

lol. now why would you want to do that? You really think you are a danger to others, or just your self ? lol

For those who don't know what it is:

Being sectioned

Being sectioned means you are detained, under the Mental Health Act, for hospital treatment.

The law, in a nutshell

The Mental Health Act 1983, is divided into 10 parts - each one covering a specific area. It is a complex piece of legislation, and some critics argue that reform is needed, especially for the rules outlining the compulsory admission to hospital and treatment of the patient without their consent.

Under what circumstances could I be detained for hospital treatment?

Initially, an approved social worker, or your nearest relative, can make an application to have you detained for assessment, based on two medical recommendations (i.e. your doctor). The grounds for the application are set out under different sections of the Mental Health Act 1983.
Section Two is most often called upon to secure a hospital assessment. To qualify, it must be agreed that you're suffering from a mental disorder to a degree that warrants medical care and attention. Under Section Two, you can be detained for up to 28 days.
If a longer stay is deemed necessary for treatment, (initially for six months) an application under Section Three of the Mental Health Act 1983 will be required. Under this section, the mental disorder that you're suffering from must be specified, as well as any treatment proposed. Section Four covers emergency cases, and enables one doctor to order you to 'rest' in hospital for 72 hours.

Can they force medication on me?

Yes, under Sections Two, Three and Four, you may have to accept any medical advice or treatment that your doctor deems necessary. If they're talking about electro convulsive therapy (ECT) and you're unhappy with that, your doctor has a statutory responsibility to obtain a second opinion from an independent Second Opinion Appointed Doctor who is appointed by the Mental Health Act Commission (known as a SOAD). If the second doctor says you should have the treatment, you are legally obliged to do so.

How do I get out?

You are free to leave once your doctor is satisfied that you have made a recovery, or if the section order comes to an end. If you feel ready to face the world before that time, you can be discharged in several ways. Either you or your nearest relative can apply to the hospital managers, or your case may be referred to a Mental Health Tribunal. It should be pointed out that many patients remain in hospital voluntarily after a section order has come to an end, in order to complete any recommended treatment.

Do I have any rights?

Yes, although they vary by section. Under the terms of the Mental Health Act, you are legally entitled to a leaflet outlining your rights according to the section you've been detained under. A range of leaflets are available, each one detailing the care you can expect to receive under the terms of the section order, plus contacts if you have any questions or wish to appeal at any time. Other leaflets are available that explain issues such as Guardianship, supervised discharge and hospital orders with restrictions (if you're serving a prison sentence at the time, for example.)

Man, I love psychology lol ..

lol. now why would you want to do that? You really think you are a danger to others, or just your self ? lol

For those who don't know what it is:

Man, I love psychology lol ..

And here I thought it was a lobotomy... well, "sectioned", come on, that's what I thought it was. Sheesh. :speechless:

No, seriously I knew what it is. Just think of the Military and the term "Section 8". Anyway, as to what you posted Johnny, he himself is trying to do it and as he himself wishes to he can get himself admitted and he can leave when ever he wishes and is not bound by anyone. Well unless while he is at the Institution he exhibits strange, odd or behavior that can be deemed harmful (or not normal as in a sane person) to himself and/or others. Then he be screwed and can only be released by a Psychiatrist (Quack, Shrink, Sickmind Fraud). Or they keep him for an extended period of time where some idiot prescribes some mind altering drugs and other drool producing medications.

Oh, Carpo, I like like your posts. Some are funny, some are quite helpful, others... I don't read the others. ;)

Last edited:
im ringing to get myself sectioned

so you wont have to put up with my posts anymore

about time:

mban734l.jpg

Carpo - good luck and I hope everything works out for the best.

And here I thought it was a lobotomy... well, "sectioned", come on, that's what I thought it was. Sheesh. :speechless:

No, seriously I knew what it is. Just think of the Military and the term "Section 8". Anyway, as to what you posted Johnny, he himself is trying to do it and as he himself wishes to he can get himself admitted and he can leave when ever he wishes and is not bound by anyone. Well unless while he is at the Institution he exhibits strange, odd or behavior that can be deemed harmful (or not normal as in a sane person) to himself and/or others. Then he be screwed and can only be released by a Psychiatrist (Quack, Shrink, Sickmind Fraud). Or they keep him for an extended period of time where some idiot prescribes some mind altering drugs and other drool producing medications.

Oh, Carpo, I like like your posts. Some are funny, some are quite helpful, others... I don't read the others. ;)

That would be also be "Division 9" in the military, naads. and it's not Sickmind Fraud lol. Freud was a very smart man who paved the way for modern psychology :p ... Also, there does seem to be a lot of drug exchange in mental health. As well as the increase of people getting disability for mental issues.

seems like he may not be answering for a while.

why is it all the crazies come to osnn....? :laugh:

it would have been more interesting if you where locked up, then you could blog about it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back