good info but haven't tried it yet

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
it's gonna take me a while to try and this is too good not to share till I find out if it works so give this a go

SECOND: Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does your car have remote
keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If
you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on
their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car
door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the
mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive
your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you
can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or
the trunk). Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell
phone!"

THIRD: Subject: Hidden Battery Power Imagine your cell battery is very low. To
activate, press the keys 3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument
will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your
cell next time.

(number one was worthless)

Last edited:
What?!

That's too cool. I wish I had spare keys to try it out.

If you think about it, a cell phone can only transmit audio...you don't transmit a radio signal (or whatever else the wireless signal is) to the other cellphone.

If you think about it, a cell phone can only transmit audio...you don't transmit a radio signal (or whatever else the wireless signal is) to the other cellphone.
depends on the range of the speaker though...maybe some fabs transmit high frequency

Why your door?
The receiver isnt in your door...
I think they might work.
The key things
The battery power...
I doubt it.
Im too lazy to park my car at the end of the street and have someone call me with my keys.
Eventially i will though.

Why your door?
The receiver isnt in your door...
I think they might work.
The key things
The battery power...
I doubt it.
Im too lazy to park my car at the end of the street and have someone call me with my keys.
Eventially i will though.
my reciever is at the trunk

mst people I think point the transmitter at the windsheild..every car has the reciever in a differant spot, mine is at the trunk

the antenna is usually up the pillar and around the top of the front windshield ... although sometimes its on the back windshield.

the antenna is usually up the pillar and around the top of the front windshield ... although sometimes its on the back windshield.
Mmm, i can't believe this has spanned like 7 posts...
All i was saying is that its not in the door lol.

I think that's the radio not the recieving antennae for the key fab...I don't know though...my car it's in the trunk

the remote control door lock receiver (it's called the RCDLR) I think uses it's own internal antenna, I know it does on my car

Last edited:
So Jack... you're saying it is not in the door?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back