Good Heatsink, fan

S

silky62678

are there any good cheap "under 20 dollars" heatsink fan for overclocking a xp2400 ? If not, forget the 20 dollars part, what would be a good sin, fan for overclocking a xp2400 no mater the price "under 50 dollars"

Volcano 9. Do not use the under chip heat sensor, it's a bad idea. See other posts herein. Attach and set the speed control for the noise/cooling you can live with.

http://www.coolerstar.com/thervol9cpuc.html $17.50 plus shipping.

If you don't have the CPU yet get an xp2500 barton instead. They have more headroom for overclocking (up to XP3200), a bigger die area to improve heat transfer and a bigger onboard cache.

The xp2400 is getting pretty close to the limit for the Tbred design. Also if your xp2400 is not a "B" version forget overclocking.

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
Do you have to mount fans on them?
yes! there are no fanless heatsinks on the market for medium to high-end cpus. they simply create too much heat.

friend and i recently bought the Swiftech MCX462+ for his 2400+... with a nice quiet 80mm fan, his temps are about 15°C lower than with the coolermaster hhc-001. the extra air from the 80mm fan sure helps, too... opposed to the 60mm one. but the mcx462+ was not cheap!

you can also undervolt your 2400. i forget what the stock voltage was on it... 1.65v? 1.75v? whatever it was, i got it to run .1v under and it was still totally stable and is a free and easy way to lower your temps. so maybe do that and get a volcano 9..? that should be plenty.

Remember to Lap a new heat sink because of the way they are manufactured. If you don't lap it then you probebly won't gain much more performance than your orginal heat sink.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back